_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
How many modelers are there from Oregon?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 04:12 PM UTC
I know this has been asked before, but we have a lot of new modelers here. I live in Eugene Oregon and only know of one modeler here personely.
So lets here from you other Oregonians !

Cheers,

Garry
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 528 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC
hey, im from clackamas oregon. anyone else from oregon?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
And the answer is....20.

If you click your profile and then click where is says Oregon, you can see all the members from there.

Jim
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 06:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And the answer is....20.

If you click your profile and then click where is says Oregon, you can see all the members from there.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I had know idea thats how is works. Thats awesome !

Cheers,

Garry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 05:10 AM UTC
Well now that I know that there is 20 other Oregon modelers on Armorama, What part of Oregon are you from?
I live in Eugene and I can say that I realy dont know another modeler in my area! And there is no local clubs. So what area are you from mates?

Best regards,

Garry
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 04:51 PM UTC
For the first time I actually looked below the line that lists forum categories such as Armor, Figures, etc. I notice this now stale thread, but thought I would reply.

I live in Gresham and go to Bridgetown Hobbies quite abit even though I am a member of VLS. I like that store for Armor and Verlinden stuff.

Anyway, Garry, I attend the two better-done IPMS shows in the Northwest (McMinnville and Seattle). Have you gone? Maybe we have crossed paths. I moved here about three years ago and although the good shows are limited here, it gives me time to build something new for a show. I usually enter in the figure, diorama, vignette, and armor categories.

Bob
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 05:16 PM UTC
Hello Bob!
Yes I try to make it to the Mcminnville show when I can. I realy like that one! Cant think of a better place to have a show.
I build in Armor, warships and aircraft, but I have mostly been modeling Armor for the last year now! It seems to come more naturaly for me. Kind of hard to weather ships and planes the same way! Where as I realy enjoy detailing and weathering Armor.
Hey maybe we can hook up at the next Mcminnville show! Lets keep in touch.

Best regards,

Garry
Burik
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 04:39 AM UTC
Garry:

Do you ever go to the other shows? I suppose Seattle is really far away for you. That is coming up in a few months - March usually.

Vancouver, WA also has a show which I went to last year for just the second time. I was somehow able to win Best of Show with a figure, and best diorama with a T34. It's not as big as McMinnville or Seattle, but it's a good reason to get out and show off your stuff.

I was impressed with the air museum this year; they have a T55 and a T34/85 which look to be on permanent display out back. Also looks like they are expanding the museum space too. I guess my $12 admission fee helps! That's one thing that I don't like about the show. Year after year I have to go and of course I'm not the only one, so to attend a show it costs me at least $24 just to get in, and then the show fee.
Burik
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 04:54 AM UTC
How about you Matrix? Do you go to the shows?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2004 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Garry:

Do you ever go to the other shows? I suppose Seattle is really far away for you. That is coming up in a few months - March usually.

Vancouver, WA also has a show which I went to last year for just the second time. I was somehow able to win Best of Show with a figure, and best diorama with a T34. It's not as big as McMinnville or Seattle, but it's a good reason to get out and show off your stuff.

I was impressed with the air museum this year; they have a T55 and a T34/85 which look to be on permanent display out back. Also looks like they are expanding the museum space too. I guess my $12 admission fee helps! That's one thing that I don't like about the show. Year after year I have to go and of course I'm not the only one, so to attend a show it costs me at least $24 just to get in, and then the show fee.

Howdy Bob!
The Seattle show I would love to go there, but I have been unemployedfor quite awhile while I'm at home taking care of my wife who had surgery. But the Mcminnville show I can handle! Cant wait to see them T34 and T55 tanks on display! It would be great to get a few locals together at Mcminnville so we could have some fun and talk about the hobby. I have a good friend from Pasco WA coming down to meet me there also. Maybe we can pull somthing off!

Cheers,

Garry
Brizio
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 02:59 AM UTC
Hello, I'm from Portland...

Do you guys know some event/show around here???
 _GOTOTOP