2002 Silicon Valley Kickoff Classic
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 11:33 PM UTC
Just a Public Service Announcement:

Sunday, February 17, IPMS Silicon Valley Scale Modelers is hosting their 9th annual Kickoff Classic model contest and show. It is the largest scale modeling contest in Northern California and is known for showcasing the talents of the finest scale modelers in the region and a formidable gathering of vendors. This year the event is being held at a larger venue, Napredak Hall, 770 Montague Expressway, Milpitas, California.

Has been an excellent contest and fun gathering for over 10 years now...

Gunnie
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:07 AM UTC
I am in Fresno and would like to make the trip there. Do you know where I can get some more information or directions? Is it sunday only or saturday to. I have to watch the Daytona 500 also. Anyway enough about my personal delema, let me know anything you can about the event.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 09:43 AM UTC
Andrew,

Take either 99 or 5 to 152. Head west on 152 through Pacheco Pass all the way to 101 in Gilroy. Take 101 North into San Jose. In San Jose, at the 280 / 680 Junction, take 680 to Sacramento. Approximately seven miles up 680, you'll be looking for the Montague Expressway exit. Take this exit, and make a left turn (heading west on Montague Expy). The contest location is 770 Montague Expressway in Milpitas - approximately three miles or so from 680.

http://www.svsm.org has a link with a map if I've really confused you with directions.

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP