_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
MMM 2004 Halifax
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:36 AM UTC
2 & 3 October, Halifax NS.

MMM 2004 Show Page

Should be a good show. I haven't been in a couple years, but will make it out this time. At least with the show in october, I think there won't be any problems with snow storms!

Any other Maritimers going to be there?
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
I know that there are alot of us going to the show from Quebec city at least six if not more ...I'm still plugging away at my pacific Sherman for the show.

Rick
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

going to the show from Quebec city

Man, that's a helluva drive. 12 hours?

I was at the show in 2000 and had a blast. The social club on the base was a great venue, not the least because the bar was right downstairs and it served cheap Propellor ale to civvies!
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:25 AM UTC
From Pierre Laporte Bridge to Fredericton is 5 hours at around 110-120 kph. Freddy to Hfx is another 4-5 hours. Easy peasy road trip.

I know there's some guys from Montreal and Ottawa making the drive.

I think it was a really smart move changing the show date to October..there were a few shows that had poor attendence due to April snowstorms. I'm guessing there will be a lot of kits in the competition and a few on exhibition as well. Cripes, last count, I've got 10 kits that will be on display.. I think between the 3 of us in one vehicle there will be around 30 new kits to exhibit.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:27 AM UTC
I should make it in 10 hours ..at the most ..You know us Quebec drivers!! I got three friends that are flying down...tickets are already bought. I'll be flying a bit lower than them but I'll have more to spend in the vendors... Hey do you know if they still have the Tamiya Con prize this year?

Rick
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 06:22 AM UTC
I might cash in some aeroplan points and set up a Trackjam table if I can clear my calendar.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
No unfortunatly the TamiyaCon thing was only a one year thing.....normally the awarding of the TamiyaCon to shows is changed from year to year....and since there is only one Tamiya Con show in Canada (I think), it normally goes to a different show every year.

Despite that, I would have to agree with StormFront, that moving the date to October is going to open it up for better weather...and thus more people coming out!!!
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 01:08 PM UTC
Hello,

I've been to the show for the last couple years and competed in the figure and dio sections. I've really enjoyed myself each year and not reallly sure if I can make it this year. Last year was the first year they moved the show to two days and the weather wasn't very cooperative. I've sinced moved from NB to Newfounland since then and some of us are thinking of driving across the island and taking the ferry, not sure yet. Well for all you guys going good luck.

Cheers

Ray
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 04:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

some of us are thinking of driving across the island and taking the ferry, not sure yet.

Now that I _know_ is a serious drive.

Ray,

Are you in St. John's? Do you hang around with any of the IPMS guys? If so, say "hi" to Steve Foster and the rest of that scurvy lot.

Paul
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:47 PM UTC
Hi Paul,

Yes I know the guys and I'm a member of the local IPMS Chapter. There's also a group here called the Island Hobby Group that put off a show every year. The show this year (May) was pretty good and there are some really good modellers here in St.John's. I just moved here from New Brunswick last year. Still picking through kits that I may do for the show. I have the Alpha Image 120mm Winged Hussar that I've been picking at for two years maybe I'll get serious about it and finish it for the show.

A fellow figure modeller here in St.John's we are also seriously considering going to the Ontario Model Soldier Society show as well in November.

Cheers

Ray
 _GOTOTOP