_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
scratch built cab 12 CMP update 3
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:13 PM UTC
hi guys just a quick update as to where I am at the moment with this project.

All comments are welcome

I still have to do some trimming on the floor for where the motor goes and also on the one inner guard panel I have fitted.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:51 PM UTC
I just posted on the the other forum about the tanker and here you are with more done on this cab. You must have a whole crew of elves working for you. LOL The cab is starting to take shape now.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 07:58 PM UTC
No Dave just me managing to get back into it again after a short period of modelers block and can't be bothered syndrome.

I will be putting this aside for a while until I finish the tanker and ambulance, but mind you I probably will do more on it as I wait for paint etc to dry.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:35 AM UTC
Bump!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:07 AM UTC
O.K.......first, you need to warn us all when you're going to include your hairy knuckles in the pics!......small children could have been looking over our shoulders for crikkey's sake!..........

Second, she's coming along nicely. I do appreciate you including your pencil marks however.
Give's me a little 'peek' into 'Roo's secret technique vault, and an idea of the going's on in your dungeon.

Tread.

Oh!..oh!.....oh!..(feel like the guy on 'Sgt. Bilko'...anybody remember him?.......Grumpyoldman?.....) I found a pic recently, and thought of YOU 'Roo. I'll try to post it in the next post (since I don't know how to 'edit' it in).
Hope ya like it. ;-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
Howdy SIR,

I came across this photo while ref-surfing the other day. I wasn't aware that Chevy 30CWT's were deployed in an LRDG configuration!........or is this a 'what-if'?
Hopefully it's not, that way we can all goad you into 'scratching' one up for us all to 'ooh & aah' over.
;-)

enjoy.

Nice paint as well. Almost look's.....................'Aussie'. :-)

Tread.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:21 AM UTC
Tread that is the real McCoy that one. One of the few remaining. CMP's were used in LRDG configuration and in this case it is a Ford.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:27 AM UTC
Oooooooooooooooooo.....................................then that means...........we might actually see one from 'Roo's Resins'?? (BTW.....I'm not really sure how this 'toungue-hanging' smiley is supposed to be used........but I use it to depict hunger/anticipation/craving and sometimes just "Blah!"

Actually Cliff....maybe I'm placing my size 10 1/2 (USA) in my mouth here........have you already built one of these?
If not (I know you are extremely busy), would you elaborate on the 'particular's of the vehicle?
Possibly in another thread (so I'm not guilty of 'bogarting' this one)?
thx. ;-)
Tread.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:38 AM UTC
Tread I have not built one of these and too be honest probably will not be as I am concentrating on doing mainly Aussie ones as my time, as you know, is limited now.

However I would be able to put togeather some information at a later date as another Aussie modeler did a magazine article (in an aussie mag) on this vehicle. The major differences are the rear deck and also the missing bonnet etc for cooling purposes. Also it has LRDG Chev type wheels and tyres.

Due to the missing bonnet a lot of work has to be done inside the engine bay of the Tamiya kit as it is sadly lacking a lot in there including a radiator.

Hope this helps
Cliff
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC
As always SIR, your input is like a swig of modeling nectar!.......or should that be Fosters!?!.....

Tread.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As always SIR, your input is like a swig of modeling nectar!.......or should that be Fosters!?!.....

Tread.

NO! a very un Australian drink called "CAPTAIN MORGAN RUM" and coke of course for the first couple of drinks at least
 _GOTOTOP