Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
New Militaria Forum
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC
This forum will be for those who are into interests that paralell modeling (reenacting, vehicle restorations, or collecting of militaria) so they can have a home here on Armorama and also share their knowledge with the membership.

Have fun.

If you are interested in helping moderate this forum please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC
I would be happy to help moderate this forum. I am involved in restoring and building Vietnam era gun trucks.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 02:38 AM UTC
Nice addition to the site! You mean this would be military-fanatics forum?
sniperwolf
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
Thank you so much staff Jim! Now I can post my additions to the us WWII uniform I have, and also get any help I need.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
Jim, Roo, Animal:
As this forum get's organized I'd be more than happy to help moderate (or whatever else you need).

I would like to send out some "invitations" to webmasters at some of the reeneactment forums, I just wanted to see if that's OK with web protocol and if it's OK with you.

If I do that, I need two questions answered....

1) Do you automatically get photo space when enlisting? If so, how much? What's a good way of telling them that registering dosen't mean they'll get spam -- or anything else for that matter (at least I never have).

2) Can you post the link to this forum where you sign up? Since I agreed to enter this forum, I can't that page back (as far as I know)

You can PM me with those answered if you need to. I'm going to be on vacation next week and would like to work up a form letter to e-mail out before I leave.

If any of you guys know people that would be interested in this forum.... GET THEM SIGNED UP!!!!

It will hopefully be a give-and-take where we can find some new modelers and maybe even bring a few guys back to a childhood hobby (one that's probably equally expensive as collecion/re-enacting/restoring)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 07:22 PM UTC
congrats and good luck on Dave and Cliff moderating the new forum... i wish we will have very good time here
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:20 PM UTC
Glad to see that come true . I ll be glad to help also here our site Every addition of new interests is good choice.
Good luck

Costas
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:45 AM UTC
Mister Staff_Jim, sir,

If you are not able to find any volunteer moderators for the Benelux version of this Forum among the current ones, I am glad to be of service.

I am a volunteer restorer of the Brussels Tankmuseum, so I often come into contact with groups with interests in this area.

So If I can be of use let me know (with a word of explanation please, I've never moderated a forum).

Kris
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim, Roo, Animal:
As this forum get's organized I'd be more than happy to help moderate (or whatever else you need).

I would like to send out some "invitations" to webmasters at some of the reeneactment forums, I just wanted to see if that's OK with web protocol and if it's OK with you.

If I do that, I need two questions answered....

1) Do you automatically get photo space when enlisting? If so, how much? What's a good way of telling them that registering dosen't mean they'll get spam -- or anything else for that matter (at least I never have).

2) Can you post the link to this forum where you sign up? Since I agreed to enter this forum, I can't that page back (as far as I know)

You can PM me with those answered if you need to. I'm going to be on vacation next week and would like to work up a form letter to e-mail out before I leave.

If any of you guys know people that would be interested in this forum.... GET THEM SIGNED UP!!!!

It will hopefully be a give-and-take where we can find some new modelers and maybe even bring a few guys back to a childhood hobby (one that's probably equally expensive as collecion/re-enacting/restoring)

Nate,
Yes this is fine with me. We certainly have the room to offer the additional space to reference images and the like. They would get the same 3mb as other members of course.

And the link you are asking for would simply be the main forum page for this forum. The opt-in page comes up automatically. Of course sending them to the registration page might be better. For that it's:

www.armorama.com/register

This URL may not work properly if you are already logged in though.

Cheers,
Jim
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 02:40 PM UTC
Jim:
Great, I wrote up a draft letter last night, I may send out a few tonight and just see what happens.
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 03:10 PM UTC
This is way kool. I belong to two militaria forums and have contributed to and have helmets in many reference books. If you guys need some info about Third Reich steel helmets I can probably help you out. This is mucho kool!

I got into collecting combat helmets in 72' as a natural extension of building armor.

Cody
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 03:19 PM UTC
Cody:
What don't you start a seperate post for a few of your steel pots (got an WWI?) Any of your buddies interested in joining? bring 'em on over!
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 03:37 PM UTC
Nathan,

DONE! :-)

Cody