_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Modeling manuals
JonhyD
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 46 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 12:05 AM UTC
I know that what I`m asking is to much, but anybody have or can send me a printed or scaned version of some armor manual with tecniques . They are very expensive and ard to find in Portugal, and I don`t have the proper credit card to order from the internet .
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:08 AM UTC
Before you start publicially stating that you intend to produce copies of copyrighted material, you ought to read through this thread on Missing Links: http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=47209&messageid=1083002336. A lot of our fellow modelers who have "made it big" produce these manuals. They don't make a whole heck of a lot of money and everytime we make illegal copies we are hurting them. I used to not think too much about Xeroxing a quick copy of someone's modeling article from an old magazine, but copying a book is another matter.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 04:13 AM UTC
JonhyD, welcome,
Have you checked out the articles here at Armorama? We have many articles here written by some of the best modellers from around the world, that probably will answer any questions you have. Many of have 20, 30, 40, 50 years experience in modelling, and many have degrees in engineering, art, etc, and 99.9% are more than willing to help you, and teach you in any way they can, but the majority would not think of violating the copy-right laws.
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
I have two modelling manuals for the Tiger I if you are interested. if you send me any kit I'll mail a copy to you. PM me if you are interested
JonhyD
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 46 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 12:36 AM UTC
I ask for modeling manuals because I think that modelling manuals have a sequence on what tecniques use and when. I know what is a wash a filter and what drybrush is but I don`t know the sequence to use.
I have the concepts of sun bleaching, chiped paint and dirt but don`t know where to used in the model.

csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hi JonhyD:

If you read Spanish maybe what I´m linking could help you.

http://www.panzernet.com/articulos/indice_articulos_new.htm

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 01:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don`t have the proper credit card to order from the internet .

Most dealers have the ability to accept personal checks (they'll wait for them to clear before shipping) and moeny orders so you can order from them using standard postal services. Additionally, many will accept Paypal, an online money exchanger where you need only a checking account to transfer funds.

Sharing an individual picture, particularly form sources that are hard to find or out of print, is one thing, but whole articles and books, as Rob notes, presents some serious ethical and legal problems. If you do share an printed image, you should give full accreditation (Remember those footnotes your high school term papers requuired? Here's where that learning comes in handy. )
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I ask for modeling manuals because I think that modelling manuals have a sequence on what tecniques use and when. I know what is a wash a filter and what drybrush is but I don`t know the sequence to use.
I have the concepts of sun bleaching, chiped paint and dirt but don`t know where to used in the model.

Hi JonhyD. Getting a copy of these books or even buying them, wont fully answer your questions either. Most of these books are written, taking for granted, the reader knows the basics.
The order of different stages, has been answered here a few times. There is no correct order either. Most modellers have their own preferred system. A few basic questions asked here will get you a lot of different answers, all leading to the same result. Another way is to buy a magazine that features a model that would interest you. You would probably get a better idea from one of these magazine articles.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:35 PM UTC
i believe that good search in Armorama and also internet modelling sources can give u many answers. At least they gave me many times ..
Costas
 _GOTOTOP