_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Hi all
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 07:44 PM UTC
Hey folks,
I'm another modeller from Malaysia - PJ specifically
Nice to see Malaysian modellers on the site here - so far I've met Beachbum

Well, hope to see more Malaysians on !
BTW, I've posted some pics in my Members Gallery of some figures I just made - comments / advice most welcomed!

Cheers
Alan
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 08:15 PM UTC
hi there fellow malaysian...

so far i've been in contact with beachbum...

nice to know someone from malaysia active in this forum...

i'm in putrajaya........
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:27 PM UTC
Hey there, I m from Klang
Nice to meet more malaysian members

Lim
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, I've posted some pics in my Members Gallery of some figures I just made - comments / advice most welcomed!

Cheers
Alan

I must say you have some skill in painting figures, i suck at painting small figures, how did you get that camo pattern, care to share the technique?
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 03:42 PM UTC
Thanks for the nice comments
Basically it all boils down to practice, practice and more practice LOL.. Also, make sure you have some good reference pics to refer to.
The secret to those intricate looking cammo painting is basically quite simple. You first spray the base coat (say dark yellow), then apply the blotches for the secondary cammo colours (eg Dark Green, followed by light green). Make sure you have a brush with a fine tip for the cammo work, and just dab away. Some folks swear by those expensive sable brushes, but me, I just use the cheapo brushes I buy at the corner bookstore heh Another major tip is - never EVER let your uniforms get glossy/shiny..that's a major no-no (you ever seen shiny cammo?)
Maybe Beachbum might want to chip in with some tips - I've been to this house - he is quite good at figures too, especially scratch-building them !

Cheers
Alan
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
speaking of beachbum,
do any of u guys heard from him lately??

i wonder what's happen to him...he didnt reply my email for quite so long now...

floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:31 PM UTC
yea, no sound from him recently...I'll probably call him later to see what's up..

Adios amigos!
Alan

PS I'm sure all you guys already know, but in case some of you still don't, Toy City is having a 20% discount on Tamiya indefinately Sooo, if you missed their 30% which just ended....
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 05:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yea, no sound from him recently...I'll probably call him later to see what's up..

Adios amigos!
Alan

PS I'm sure all you guys already know, but in case some of you still don't, Toy City is having a 20% discount on Tamiya indefinately Sooo, if you missed their 30% which just ended....

really aah?? last wekend i went to toycity midvalley..they said the SALE is OVER!!!!
so now they're doing for 20% la plak....

the best place is to go staright to their HQ in Petaling Street.....
last SALE, i went to Puchong, MidVAlley and The Mines, but they havent stock much

i going to grab the Dragon Wagon (if my budget permited me to do so...)

chow
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 05:37 PM UTC
Yes yes , i've bought enough model from the sale to last me a whole year lah.
Anyway I think we should do our best to get more Malaysian members to this great site. last time i checked there were only about 29 members, and most of them havent logged in within the past 5-6 months.
So anyway do your best to introduce this site to your other modelling buddies.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hi guys,

My 3 closest kaki in the forum hanging out at the same time, COOL. Unfortunately, I'm still alive, have to pay income tax until I'm old-lah, Silantra.

Sorry I didn't reply Silantra but I didn't get any email after the last one being the one you sent me a photo of the Karl Moser howitzer thingy.

Ave, your'e right we really need to increase traffic here otherwise its really "sayang". Where else can you find a forum where we Malaysian modellers can exchange valuable info and improve our skills not to mention keeping each other informed of sales.

Anyway guys I'm still busy on my 3rd dio on the Colombian drug runners and I'm using the jeep for this dio for the MOVE IT campaign. Entered it by accident as I just wanted to know more details and next thing I know after a couple of wrong clicks I was registered.

Put some photos in my gallery on the jeep. I tried to make the jeep look old but I got carried away with the dust and rust I think. What do you guys think.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 10:56 PM UTC
You mean this one?

Looks like its coming along good so far, btw i couldnt help noticing the pokok pisang

How do you make them? They look so real

Lim
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 02:38 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments Ave. Your'e right the jeep will be used in the Drug dio.

The pisang were made from a combo of sate stick and the preserved leaves of the fern on the right of the photo. The preservation details are at the bottom of the photo.

The trunk is made sticking thin paper (kite paper is good) with triangular ends onto the sate stick. Got the idea from a post on this forum titled "Making bananas", I think. Its under Pg. 3 or 4 by now in the Flora and Fauna of Diorama forum.

Let me know if you can't find the link. Thanks again.
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
entire network: 116 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi guys......I'm from Selayang. I'm new in this hobby.
Hope you guys can help me in my projects.
Congrats to Floogen for a very realistic diorama. How you make the wall ?
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 07:41 PM UTC
Hi Shahrid,

How are things? I wrote you a message sometime back thru the PM when I just joined the forum, did you ever get it? I was hoping our guys in this forum can keep in touch with each other and exchange info. Now Armorama was kind enough to provide our very own hangout place.

Anyway from your photos I see your'e into German AFV. Nice 222 or is it a 223, my armor knowledge is really rusty. You will find good company with Ave and Silantra whose into armor too. Floogen is mainly on figures now and as for me I guess I'm mostly in dios. Sorry guys I spoke on your behalf.

Its nice to hear from a veteran of this forum as apart from Ave whose a long-timer, myself, Floogen and Silantra are newbies to Armorama.Let us know what your'e working on.

ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Shahrid,

How are things? I wrote you a message sometime back thru the PM when I just joined the forum, did you ever get it? I was hoping our guys in this forum can keep in touch with each other and exchange info. Now Armorama was kind enough to provide our very own hangout place.

Anyway from your photos I see your'e into German AFV. Nice 222 or is it a 223, my armor knowledge is really rusty. You will find good company with Ave and Silantra whose into armor too. Floogen is mainly on figures now and as for me I guess I'm mostly in dios. Sorry guys I spoke on your behalf.

Its nice to hear from a veteran of this forum as apart from Ave whose a long-timer, myself, Floogen and Silantra are newbies to Armorama.Let us know what your'e working on.

Hi there shahrid, i remember you had the priviledge of your 'tiny tiger' in the displays.
Yup, as CK Tang already said, I'm mostly into armor, but we really must get more malaysians into the forum.
I've been using this site quite long, but I still consider myself a novice, nowhere near some of you guys work.

Lim
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
yes..like beacbum said, i'm into armor..but from time to time i build airplane too....

great to get along with malaysian modellers...

at this moment, beside being busy with personal stuff, i also trying to finish my incoming campaign...pls click on my banner ..
i'm going to add some figures and accessories to make a small dio...

oraora
Visit this Community
Kuching, Malaysia
entire network: 216 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:09 AM UTC
Hi, Guys,

I'm Kenny, and i'm from Kuching, Sarawak.
I not that new here but i have been inactive for quite a while. Maybe i could learn a few stuffs from you guys!

Nice meeting you all.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 03:39 PM UTC
beep-beep. HI oraora and the rest of you sifoos here.. heheheh.

u know what, im in a state of "MALAS", my dio that im working on is still tak siap. Ive just got one sdkfz 251 and a kubelwagon to be included in the new diorama. (the one with tiger 1 tank, some paratroopers and walking soldiers with a small supply dump).
also untouched... overall 40 percent finished.

but, suddenly one night after a nice coffee break at some mamak restaurant in subang, i went back home and start building another instant diorama, a small dio to put my lonely panzer. start at 9 pm and finished arround seven in the morning( the base) and then start working again @ 12 pm after it dries and finished the whole thing at 4 pm the next day.

But still malas jugak to finished my priority diorama.

i'll post u the updates later..
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hi Kenny,

Another Amorama veteran returns. Welcome back.

So building anything lately? How's modelling supplies over at Kuching? We really need to get the M'sian veterans here active in the forum again. Its nice to know we're not too alone.

Allow me the honors, Ave and Opie are also another 2 veterans while myself, Silantra and Floogen are quite new to the forum. As for myself I'm doing mainly figures and dios right now having come back into the hobby early this year after a 25 year absence.

Hope to hear more from you.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:56 PM UTC
woww, now that is a long break, numsayin...
heheheh.

do anybody know how many of us malaysians here in armorama so far?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
opie, there're a lot of us here...just click here and do ur counting.
actually,i registered with amorama quite sometime ago by 2 different callsign...the first one i cant remember....and then the second one was DewaGanaZ..i lost the password and create SIlantra and use it up till now...

oraora
Visit this Community
Kuching, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:30 AM UTC
hello Tang,
I just finish a Hasegawa VF-1J last month, but have to stop a while to clear some space. I'm not really that good with modelling as i still don't use air brush. And i don't plan to buy one until my friend teaches me how to use it. The modelling industry here is dying almost all specialized stores are extinct....so when i feel like buying something, i'll call HobbyHQ and maybe at times order from HLJ.com or bid from eBay. Last month i got a Fairy Battle Mk1from eBay and am still waiting for my F-4 K/M Phantom.

i don't consider myself a veteran(i'm only 26), i'm more like a rookie....maybe i could post some of my models once i can get some pics of it and you guys could give me some guides.

I have built a few aircrafts, figures (no dio, dunno how to do) and some gundams.

Cheers!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:17 PM UTC
Well Kenny, I'm no veteran either in fact my long absence would qualify for a newbie. Planes eh? Silantra would be a good guide as he does a fair bit of planes including our own Malaysian RMAF.

By the way I have never and don't use an airbrush either, well not yet anyway. Just 2 weeks ago my wife aka the Home Ministry bought me a compressor and airbrush. Strange considering she doesn't really understand what I do although she is still my No. 1 critic and occassionally help with my dios. Haven't tried the airbrush yet though.

Looking foward to seeing your pics. I believe all of us here have some pics in our galleries. After all modelling is about personal satisfaction and not who's got the better painted AFV or more accurate dio so all of us can help each other out.

Just out of curiousity, are there many modellers in Kuching?
oraora
Visit this Community
Kuching, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 07:28 PM UTC
I only have 1 built RMAF aircraft, the F-5E. I'm more interested in post-war jets like f-86, mig-15, hunter, mystere and the like...

well, about ur question, not many as far as i know, i have a few friends who just built one or two, but i have a friend who built and collects 1/48 scale planes, and one who built tanks and figures and another who built only gundams. I have also a friend who after having kids, gave up the hobby. There may be some other guys here that are into modelling but i have not met them all. But youngsters nowadays are more interested in computers, PS2 and cars.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Tang,

i don't consider myself a veteran(i'm only 26), i'm more like a rookie....maybe i could post some of my models once i can get some pics of it and you guys could give me some guides.

I have built a few aircrafts, figures (no dio, dunno how to do) and some gundams.

Cheers!

Hey I'm even more of a rookie than you, and I'm only a teen. Well nowadays military modelling dont seem so popular with young people, most are going after gundam or other figures.
Well for dio's you could just start of with a really simple and small one. Perhaps just the size of a cup coaster would do. If you look under 'features' on the left hand side of the screen, there are a few articles on how to get started.

_GOTOTOP