_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Royal Armouries, Leeds
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:14 AM UTC
I was thinking of paying a visit to the Royal Armouries and taking a few pics to put up for refence. Their website states that no photos taken may be published. I didn't know if this included posting here so I sent them an e-mail. Here's their answer.

"With reference to your recent email regarding advice on the Museum's Regulations regarding photography, unfortunately you would not be permitted to put images on the Armorama website as this would constitute a 'publication'. There may also be a secondary infringement of the regulations in that the Museum does not permit unauthorised copies of its objects to be made - it would depend on whether the models were to be made for sale or distribution."

What a poor response, I was thinking of doing an article on the visit, maybe to encourage others to go but I won't bother now.

Is it common for museums to take this line?
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:27 AM UTC
hi martin,

whilst you it is disappointing, this is the response i would expect from them, they have a unique collection of artifacts, and want to keep it that way.

i dont know how other museums would go on, but i would imagine a good number would have the same approach.

cheers

joe
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 03:26 AM UTC
Martin,
its worth a vist anyway and its free to get in
 _GOTOTOP