_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Sicilian Cart, Part II
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 01:50 AM UTC
Ciao everyone,
I am starting to decorate the cart. Hope you like it. Comments are welcome.

LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:47 AM UTC
Whooo-Hooo! Nice Legs! Hey, RobL, it's looking very...Bright! Seriously, that thing is a little masterwork in itself. (Bet you'll see something similar pop up in my Italia dio-Idea theft being the sincerest form of flattery )
As to a campaign for it(mentioned in your earlier post), stick in some straw & a wounded Glider pilot, and give covering fire from a couple of 82's. Then enter it in the Move It campaign! Covers all the bases, eh?
Nice Work!
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:54 AM UTC
Robert,
Thank you very much. I would love to turn the world on to Sicilian Carts. I have always wanted to make one (sort of in homage to my wife's native land) and I finally did it. There are plenty of examples on the web. I do appreciate your compliments. I have a long way to go. I have to cover the three sides with five separate murale (I forgot how to spell it!) pictographs. Took me 2 hours just to paint half of one.
Again thanks
Ciao for now
Rob
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 04:40 AM UTC
Rob, that cart is really cool looking. Almost makes me want to jump in an start a italian based dio and drop everything else. I can't wait to see it finished. Cheers Kevin
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 04:59 AM UTC
cant wait to see you weather it

waiting for more pics of your pogress
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:29 AM UTC
I concur w/ Spirits - its great - but will need weathering to be properly displayed in your Dio.
Cant wait to see it,
nice job
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:10 AM UTC
Nice one Rob. Great change of pace. Something like this is a nice break fromt he normal, but will look stunning ina dio. As already mentioned, when this is weathered (lightly) with the same skill as shown so far, it will be a stunner. I admire your skills at free hand painting. I wouldn´t have the bottle on such a nice cart.
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 01:25 PM UTC
Great colors!! and I like the handpainted pictograph. Interesting shape, really grabs the eye! Is it some kind of traditional symbol with a meaning or just ornamental? Can't wait to see the others you're working on.
I like the detail on the metal clasps you made.. will they be a different color so the detail shows? Keep up the good work
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:39 PM UTC
Ciao everyone,
I again really appreciate your compliments. Yes, I will be weathering it, but like Kancali suggested "only lightly." Kancali - the symbol is the called the "Trinacria," which symbolizes the three corners of Sicily (with the three legs), the head of medusa (to represent the mythological elements of the island. Polifemo (the cyclops) lived on the island and Mount Etna was the furnace where he forged weapons for the gods. The sides (which I'm working on) will consist of panels representing the Normans driving out the Moors.
I appreciate everyone's wonderful compliments and genuine interest in my cart. I really appreciate it and feel truly motivated to finish it. Thanks so much!!
Ciao for now
Rob
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:50 PM UTC
Oops, I meant to respond to everyone. Sorry...

Frank,
Thanks for the compliments on my free-hand. The only reason that I am doing it that way is because I don't know how to use computer drawing programs nor how to print decals. After all this, I just might force myself to learn, though. Again, thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Austin,
I know that it needs weathering, but I am scared to death about that one. If it turns out really well, I might put it into a different (non-military) diorama. Anyway, I am going to have to give some serious thought on how/how much to weather it.

Kevin,
Thanks for the compliment. All I do is dios/models of Italy. In fact, now that I'm in the Korea campaign, that will be the first time I've departed from doing Italy for years. I do find it discouraging that Italy is not modeled enough (in my opinion.) I am flattered that I could encourage you to do a dio!

Danny and Austin,
I appreciate it. I am going to be posting some updates when I finish some of the sides (it will be awhile, though.) But, updates will be posted. I appreciate your encouragement.

Ciao for now
Rob

Ciao for now
Rob
 _GOTOTOP