_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Aztek airbrush cleaner
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC
hey guys, iam still lokking for a new airbrush and lookign forward to re-stocking my inventory with paitn adn models etc...

ive been seeign the airbrush cleaner almost everywere i go and iam wodnering how many of you use it? does it make your life much easier? or shoudl i stay to my old way of cleaning my nozzle?

Frank
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:41 PM UTC
I have one and I use it from time to time. I find that it will work when I want to clean the AB to change colors. As far as cleaning teh ab I prefer to take the brush apart and clean the parts separately.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:49 PM UTC
Frank,
I use the Aztek, and I absolutely love it. I use the cleaner to thin the paint. It works like a charm. Other than that, I agree with Dave, I like soap and water for cleaning.
Ciao for now
Rob
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 12:30 AM UTC
I have an Aztek and use the cleaner. I'll spray cleaner through the brush a few seconds when changing colors and soak my nozzles in it to clean them. Except for the strong odor which gives me a headache half the time I like it.

Romeo12
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 79 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:36 AM UTC
I've had mine about 4 yrs now and I use washer fluid
(the kind you put in your car,mine is blue in color and hasn't hurt my brush yet),for .99 cents its the only way to go for acylics.I even use it for thinning my acrylic (Model Master)paints and have had no trouble yet.The color of the fluid doesn't seem to matter even with whites.For enamels I use MM enamel thinner in the can,I've been trying to switch over to acrylics completely
I just like the way they go on, and clean up is a plus!
I've only used the washer fluid with Model Master don't know if it works with any other brand or not,so be careful.
 _GOTOTOP