_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Korean Campaign
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 07:09 PM UTC
Hola amigos!

I started a thread about the Korean War and somehow it evolved into a campaign to be a "CAMPAIGN".

Since "el Filipinas" was one of the major participants, maybe some of you hombres could enlist. Just go to the General Forum look up Korean War.

A/C buffs could do what you do and Armor guys could start looking for something. Everything goes.

Just check it out.....
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:06 PM UTC
Korean War, dba medyo WWII weapon pa gmit nila nun? If I'm not mistaken, it's the 1950s, right?
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Korean War, dba medyo WWII weapon pa gmit nila nun? If I'm not mistaken, it's the 1950s, right?

Medyo nga. US uniforms were almost the same. Ever watched M*A*S*H*? Alan Alda. Even Philippine uniforms were almost as similar if not the same.

Except here, they used helicopters (those glass bubble things) and jet aircraft.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:33 AM UTC
Interested ako sumali, kso I did some research already at wla akong mapagkuhanan ng reference pic ng isang PEFTOK soldier....T_T Any ideas where to find one?

Interesting ang campaign na ito...Lalo na kasama tau mga Pilipino sa combatants, hnde gaya ng WW2 na iilan lng, prang naipit lng tau sa crossfire...

Thanks for any help!
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 04:54 PM UTC
Ang mga pinoy nu-on ay fresh from independence from America. Since mga kano nag establish ng mga military facilities natin, sila din ang nag-supply ng uniporme at armas. And since the Pinoys are used to hand me downs from the 'Kano, our uniforms are the same except for that tan windbreaker.

Try reading Art Villasanta's website about the PEFToK. The 10th BCT was supplied with M24 Chafee's instead of the promised Sherman M4A3.

Maybe you can kit-bash Tamiya US WWII figures with Asian heads from any kits of Dragon. But you'll have to mind the anotomy. Filipinos are generally short. So you'll probably have to cut the limbs and shorten them.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 06:28 PM UTC
Since the M3A2 halftrack was late for WWII, I supposed it was used on Korean war?? If so, I'm in. If not, I'll have an interesting dio for this one plus one Hasegawa Corsair for the Korean campaign :-)

BTW, walang gusto sa inyo sumali sa Bulge campaign ko?
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:13 AM UTC
Hmmm, Pwede kya kung gamitin ko yung US Rangers ng DML?

I visited that site, kso wla me exact pics na makita...T_T

Mahina kse ako sa visualization...

I've searched for pic sa net, all I got was yung 12" figure of a PEFTOK trooper from "Platic_Pinoys"...

Subukan ko maghanap ng iba pang reference sa library nmin.....

Now that you said it, oo nga, I need a lot of modifications kung matutuloy me....The height, the built, and I'll have to sand off parts of the nose....(pango tau mga pinoy! XD)

Thank you very much!
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:05 AM UTC
If you want the easiest way. Use the ARVN forces from DML but replace the weapons with WWII carbines and Thompsons. If you can catch a Willys Jeep, the driver figure that comes with it is a bit undrscale so it shouldn't be that hard. Actually by winter time, out soldiers wore almost anything they could get their hands on because we lacked all manner of supplies.
Does "rag tag army" ring a bell? We also used a lot of 2 1/2 ton trucks. US Army supplied of course.
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since the M3A2 halftrack was late for WWII, I supposed it was used on Korean war?? If so, I'm in. If not, I'll have an interesting dio for this one plus one Hasegawa Corsair for the Korean campaign :-)

BTW, walang gusto sa inyo sumali sa Bulge campaign ko?

OK if you want to join in the proposed Korean Campaign. Just inform this guy "lestweforget". The thread is located at the General forum under Korean War.

I would've liked to join the Bulge Campaign but I've already committed to two others besides this one. Plus I've been commissioned to do other works as well. So it's a full schedule now. But at least I've shown you my pic of the Bastogne figure I've done.
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:21 PM UTC
HI Mondo,

I have an M26 and planning to build it for Korean war including a set of US Marines (Chosin) I think from Dragon. I like your idea of the Korean war and would like to join but, I'm still contemplating if I could finish the project coz I still doing my dio and the start date is August...... Still contemplating...................
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 04:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HI Mondo,

I have an M26 and planning to build it for Korean war including a set of US Marines (Chosin) I think from Dragon. I like your idea of the Korean war and would like to join but, I'm still contemplating if I could finish the project coz I still doing my dio and the start date is August...... Still contemplating...................

Don't worry. Lead time is very long and I don't think it has even been approved yet. Check the campaigns forum for development.
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:52 PM UTC
thanks
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC
ARVN rangers? Dba 'NAM na yun?

I also assume na WWII US Helmets p rin ang gamit, tama ba?

Tama, rag tag nga....XP Pro that's a advantage to us Filipino Modelers...^_^ Wla tayong sariling uniforms o gamit, so wla tlga standard materials ang army....^_^ Basta gamit ng US, pwede na rin satin mga Pinoy!

As soon as I grab those, as well as iba pang handy information about PEFTOK, I'll be joining the ranks! - on to Korea!

Thanks!!
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:53 AM UTC
Lonewolf:

Try going to Camp Aguinaldo Veteran's Center or perhaps the Philippine Army museum at Fr. Bonifacio.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lonewolf:

Try going to Camp Aguinaldo Veteran's Center or perhaps the Philippine Army museum at Fr. Bonifacio.

Uyyy.... looks like a field trip. Sayang nga lang at may pasok ka ng Sat. I'll get in touch with my ninang who stays in Fort Boni.
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ARVN rangers? Dba 'NAM na yun?

I also assume na WWII US Helmets p rin ang gamit, tama ba?

Tama, rag tag nga....XP Pro that's a advantage to us Filipino Modelers...^_^ Wla tayong sariling uniforms o gamit, so wla tlga standard materials ang army....^_^ Basta gamit ng US, pwede na rin satin mga Pinoy!

As soon as I grab those, as well as iba pang handy information about PEFTOK, I'll be joining the ranks! - on to Korea!

Thanks!!

I'm sure it will work. ARVN figure anatomy is very close if not the same as Pinoys. Uniform pattern is similar except the weapons as I've previously mentioned. This will be a kit-bash project. I have a book by Col. Manubay (untold heroes) with pictures of him in full battle gear in the 50's. I compared it with pix of the figures and pix of G.I.'s in Korea. Just remember, no one used putees anymore. Only black or brown leather combat shoes. Same 1939 helmets.

But if you do plan to go the museums. Please post the pictures if you can get some. at least email them to me.
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:14 PM UTC
Pinoy in winter uniform. Well dressed guy. Probably late in the war. Can anyone guess what kind of truck that is?

lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Lonewolf:

Sana nga tumuloy kme nung ROTC nmn....Ewan ko ba kay Major William Gonzales kung bakit hnde kme natuloy...

Lahat lng ng ginagawa ng model batallion ay ang maging honor guards...o kaya mag donate ng dugo..XP

Ralph, kung pupunta ka, sama ako...Kso may pasok kme tuwing Sabado...T_T

Mondo, akala ko Hapon! XD (the guy at the right of the pic..) Putees? You mean the GI Boots with gaiters?

Thanks for the info!
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Lonewolf:

Sana nga tumuloy kme nung ROTC nmn....Ewan ko ba kay Major William Gonzales kung bakit hnde kme natuloy...

Lahat lng ng ginagawa ng model batallion ay ang maging honor guards...o kaya mag donate ng dugo..XP

Ralph, kung pupunta ka, sama ako...Kso may pasok kme tuwing Sabado...T_T

Mondo, akala ko Hapon! XD (the guy at the right of the pic..) Putees? You mean the GI Boots with gaiters?

Thanks for the info!

Maj. Gonzales is your commandant? I know him. He helped me in my MA thesis (History of the Scout Rangers).

I also have a scrapbook of 1950's era Philippine soldiers but Chuckie (Perry) has it.

BTW, at the PA Museum, there's a manequin of a soldier during the Korean War. In winter outfit nga lang. But it's safe to assume they were similarly dressed as the GI's and South Koreans
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pinoy in winter uniform. Well dressed guy. Probably late in the war. Can anyone guess what kind of truck that is?

Look at the back of your 500 buck bill. This is the same outfit Benigno Aquino is wearing there as a reporter of the Manila Times(?) during the Korean War.

So the truck would be something that might be used to transport civilians? Or is it a trailer of some sort (looks too low to be a truck to me)?
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC
Just like to remind anyone interested in the campaign to please enlist.

It will be 5 more months before I ever get to see another 500 peso bill Mr. Ronquillo. Damn I even forgot what it looks like.

I think you're right when you say it's a trailer. The wheel is set outside the body so it must be so.

Kawawa naman tayo. Pumunta tay ng Korea kariton pa rin ang dala. Puede tayo gumawa ng diorama ng man-drawn-kariton.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maj. Gonzales is your commandant? I know him. He helped me in my MA thesis (History of the Scout Rangers).

I also have a scrapbook of 1950's era Philippine soldiers but Chuckie (Perry) has it.

BTW, at the PA Museum, there's a manequin of a soldier during the Korean War. In winter outfit nga lang. But it's safe to assume they were similarly dressed as the GI's and South Koreans

Yes sir...^_^ Maj. William Gonzales is the Commandant of the USTGCC ROTC.....Mabait cya....Lakas magpatawa...Snappy...

Pro yung mga cadet officers, hnde...Puro yabang...

Syang hnde me natuloy sa Fort Boni...

I've done some readings on the library, and I've found soldier accounts of the war....^_^ Nice ideas...Unfortunately, I can't check it out, there's some error in the library system.....T_T

I've also ran into a book by Dr. Pobre, but unfortunately, I cannot find it on the shelf....Someone must have checked it out....

I'll have to see that PA museum, then....

Waaaa...Wish I could see your scrapbook...^_^ Can I see it kpag na-sauli na po? Pretty please? (*wink wink)

Thank you!!!!
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 11:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes sir...^_^ Maj. William Gonzales is the Commandant of the USTGCC ROTC.....Mabait cya....Lakas magpatawa...Snappy...

Pro yung mga cadet officers, hnde...Puro yabang...

Syang hnde me natuloy sa Fort Boni...

I've done some readings on the library, and I've found soldier accounts of the war....^_^ Nice ideas...Unfortunately, I can't check it out, there's some error in the library system.....T_T

I've also ran into a book by Dr. Pobre, but unfortunately, I cannot find it on the shelf....Someone must have checked it out....

I'll have to see that PA museum, then....

Waaaa...Wish I could see your scrapbook...^_^ Can I see it kpag na-sauli na po? Pretty please? (*wink wink)

Thank you!!!!

Yabang cadet officers nyo? Haven't they learned from that very sad incident of Mark Chua?

As soon as Cuckie returns it, you can take a look at it next meeting (if he brings it). I have also come into contact with quite a few vets from the Korean war too.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 12:53 PM UTC
Yessir..I find them mayabang...(1st class officers not included...Mabait yung naging Corps Commander nmn...^_^) Sorry, just ranting..XP

I've talked to a classmate of mine na nakatira sa Camp Aguinaldo, fortunately for him, free access cya dun kse dependent cya...Sabi nya sakin, kailangan daw "by groups" ang tours sa museum.....T_T
I'll have to talk to him more, pra lumakas ako sa kanya! Nyahahahahah!!

Thanks sir! Thanks very much!!!!

Later, I'm off to the library...I'll find source books.....

_GOTOTOP