_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What kind of club is this?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC
We see it all the time, someone has a problem and another member helps out and the first member posts his thank you here. Well, here goes. A month ago I made a joke to Garry BEEBEE about someone giving him a bunch of kits to do a 350 scale HOrnet. Told him I needed 2 more planes to complete my compliment of B-25's. They were in the mail 2 days later. Just recently I asked for help trying to enlarge some line drawings of the Bsmarck. I have had no less than 3 people help me with this. So thanks to Ladymodeller (Sara) , Moezilla and Keith Magee. For that . Oh and from the mass buy of the Hobby Lobby, Keith Middelton
Who despite pouring down, flooding rain in Houston was abe to pick up a Tamiya T-55 kit for me. This is what separates us from the other web sites. While they have their merits, this one has more of a kinship bond than any of the others
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC
Amen! One wouldn't believe what I've gotten from this site, just out of the goodness of peoples' hearts! Thanks for your time.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:57 AM UTC
Absolutly true. I've had people come to my aid time after time. From information, pictures and advice to parts and finding kits. But the very best thing is the encouragement we all give each other. This is a truely outstanding group of people.
Chuck
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:28 PM UTC
Absolutelly agree here.....while i'm quite new to all things modelling i don't have any concerns about asking dum questions and showing off pictures of my disasters or pride of joys. Many people in different forums may feel quite intimidated in this sort of act but when the encouragment is high among other modellers and critisisms constructive it causes a great atmosphere.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
Not a problem blaster, it's my pleasure to help. I am new here and have been overwhelmed by the amount of assistance, knowledge and pure talent of everyone in their modeling projects. I don't know model building, painting & diorama's yet but I know computers. So I can help out in that way at least, while I harvest as much knowledge as I can from these forums.

I must say, I stumbled upon this forum one day a few weeks ago when I started getting the itch to get into models again. I was impressed not only by the talent but the 'esprit de corps' that is present here, there's not the backbiting I've seen on other forums on the net. Not just model forums but forums in general, it's a definite nice place for sure!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:21 AM UTC
Well, i cant tell you how much did i gain from this site, first of all, a few very very good friends (although we dont know eachothers in real life), second, a LARGE material help (since i live in a poor country, and dont have too much "modeling money").

So, THANK YOU

Costas (Major_goose)
Engin (Graywolf)
Arthur (Arthur)

and an unknown nick (i lost the name ) who sent me a Paasche Airbrush H for free by mail!!!

Also, special thanks to all other people for sharing their tehniques, giving me advices, references and their support!!!

cheers!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:28 AM UTC
I must agree with the above post. I remember how I started here and how I am now. I've improved through everyone's help and met a lot of local modelers and foreign alike. If not for this site, I may still be doing crap models :-)
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
Add Sealhead to the list og grateful beneficiaries of Armorama. I have only submitted two articles, but I wanted to put something back into the program that has helped me so much.
Kudos to the staff, contributors, and members.

Sealhead
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
entire network: 12,719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:35 AM UTC
Sorry if I seem to bite the hand that feeds me but I think that Armorama has one big flaw : it's time consuming ! I spend more and more time :
- reading posts (even in the forums that are not directly related to the subjects I prefer ! )
-reading reviews and other articles
- asking questions (even quite odd ones sometimes) because I'm sure I will get an answer. To say the truth, out of the 75 questions I have posted since Dec 02, 2002, only 2 have remained unanswered IIRC..
- answering posts every time I can even if my "reference library" is rather small
- following links of interest that are given here and there
- watching pics in the Gallery section
...etc..etc..
THAN ACTUALLY BUILDING KITS !!

So thanks to all who have helped me to become "Armoramaddicted" ! And thanks in advance to those who will help me in the future !

Armorama rules !

Frenchy
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry if I seem to bite the hand that feeds me but I think that Armorama has one big flaw : it's time consuming ! I spend more and more time :
- reading posts (even in the forums that are not directly related to the subjects I prefer ! )
-reading reviews and other articles
- asking questions (even quite odd ones sometimes) because I'm sure I will get an answer. To say the truth, out of the 75 questions I have posted since Dec 02, 2002, only 2 have remained unanswered IIRC..
- answering posts every time I can even if my "reference library" is rather small
- following links of interest that are given here and there
- watching pics in the Gallery section
...etc..etc..
THAN ACTUALLY BUILDING KITS !!

You need to get in touch with the AA ( Anonimous Armoratics ) :-)
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 12:51 PM UTC
It's the type of place that if you live in the right area and know the right person you could have some access to modern US armor and perhaps even get a ride in an Abrams or M113A3.
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:25 AM UTC
I'm proud to be a member of the fantastic ArmoramA family!!
It's good to help, and to get help when one needs it!!

Please, let's keep it this way, John.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's the type of place that if you live in the right area and know the right person you could have some access to modern US armor and perhaps even get a ride in an Abrams or M113A3.

If your lucky to live next to Rob this too could be good. I have been helped on many occasions by the our family here. The biggest was in the help in finishing the Brutus Diorama for the Museum. With out the membership here at the "Big A" I don't think that I could have completed it in a way that it should have been. Thanks all again a thousand times.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 884 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC
Although I may not always agree with everyone's point of view on all subjects, I have been impressed with this site. I am glad to be a proud supporter of such a great website, and make good friends with people who share a common interest, I have not been let down yet.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
Agreed, i have asked for some decals before, and members have mailed them all the way to this part of the world(thx again armoredsprue)
Keep up the work guys
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:09 AM UTC
Your very welcome Steve !
I remember back to the first time out of many that I was given a helping hand. I had found a 1/72 B-52 Bomber at a yard sale for 15 cents. The kit was all there exept for the decals, which were toast! I mentioned this on a forum, next thing I know, I get a e-mail with the person saying he had a set and they were mine if I wanted them. Well I recieved them in the mail with a letter! In the letter he told me that he only exspected one thing from me. And that was for me to pass on the good favor ! And that we modelers need to help each other out, thats the way our great hobby grows!
So since that time I try to offer help when ever I can. But do you know what? I have recieved a lot more help then what I have given! It all works out for the good.
Folks here at Armorama Rock!

Cheers,

Garry
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:39 AM UTC
I have to agree , this is THE place I enjoy the most on the net ...I feel like I can help people out and I'm not afraid of making a mistake .. I have made some great friends in here .Thanks again Armorama!

Rick
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 08:11 AM UTC
we are like a band of brothers here.
i get help all the time and i help other people out.
my modeling skills got some much better.
because of asking and looking at others models
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Agreed! I would also like to take this oppurtunity to thank Grumpyoldman (Dave O'Meara) for his help especially with the PE set & everybody here for all the tips & techniques.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I too have to agree with this. I have a lot of information to share and I feel that if I ignore a cry for help that I can give then I am letting the side down.

Others helped me in my early days and still give me the encouragement to keep going with my models.

So come one, come all let the sharing continue
Shinano
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 05:06 AM UTC
Yup, a great bunch of folks! Got SO much help just for asking. Needed plans for a DC-130 (none in the box) arrived at my door step within a week.
They even help dispite my bone head questions! :-)
Keep modeling, great sit , great people..
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:01 PM UTC
I too am very greatfull to have armorama and the great people here. I guess Ive been around here for almost two years now. I have not posted alot, and when I did, It was usually questions and to show off my work for a little encouragment which I received and it really gave great confidence in my work. But now it feels great to have aquired the knowledge from what I would call the best modlers and modeling site around.Now I am trying to help out other beginners any way I can. I give great thanks to all armorama staff, moderators of the forums, and the other great people here who help out.
 _GOTOTOP