_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I ned a computer GURU
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:43 AM UTC
Plan to eventually do a large scale build of the Bismarck. There is this wonderful site on the web of the Bismark. I want to print a large picture of a color line drawing of the ship. On the site you can enlarge the picture which is perfect, I go to print it and All I get is a portion. NO matter what I do (hit edit andcopy and scroll), it is always the same little bit. So I used to be able to transfer pic onto an exel sheet andexpand it, but I can't remeber how to do it any more. Keep in mind I am a plug and chugger, don't understand much, but if you give e a step by step I can usually get it done. Seems it has something to do with clip art
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
Blaster, can you tell us what web site, I want to try something.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 09:46 AM UTC
I think its KM Bismarck. I put this on my favorites list 5 yeas ago and the URL chaged, but I get a screen that pops up and transfers me direct. The guy set it up out of South America if that helps. I'll surf a bit and post the website just incase you can't find it
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 09:50 AM UTC
Well that was quick and easy. It's Kbismarck.com. Look under the line drawings section
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
try this, when you get the page you want to print up, dont right click the image and press print. on your browser, go to file (above the back button) and press print, and it should print the entire page. let me know if that doesnt work, cuz i'm kinda boggled on why it wouldnt print.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 11:00 AM UTC
One thing you can try is to go to the picture you want, right click on it, and save as a picture. You could then print the whole saved picture. You might want to play with the size of the picture so it would be larger, as long as you stay within what your printer can print.

Try that and see what happens.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:50 PM UTC
It will print it in small mode, but not the complete large mode. Penny sent me a PM saying she has a 36 inch plotter and is going to try it there. Hopefully it will work there. I was hoping to put picture in an excel file where I can enlarge it and print it on multiple sheets and then tape them together. I don't want a 6-7 inch picture , I want a 25 - 30 inch closer to the 350 scale I'm building the kit
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:31 PM UTC
Blaster - I live across town from you, and (working for Hewlett Packard!) have access to 72" color plotters. Call me one weekend and I'll take you over to the office and we'll print that sucker out in any size you want! Just send me a PM with your email address and we'll hook up.
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
It appears to me you will have to save copy of the picture locally to your PC, and then try to open it some graphics viewer program that will let you resize the print job.

Ineternet Exploder sure didnt offer any options when I looked for them by right-clicking and looking through the "Print picture" options.

BUT
if you can get this printed on a plotter do that.
Youll be much happier...

All the best
-A
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
I went to the site and snagged all the pictures for you, increased the color depth and resized them for you. Check your mail. Hope these help!

Also hope they got through since you're on AOL. They are zipped and less than 2 meg a piece. If you have any problems getting the messages shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Moe
 _GOTOTOP