_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
FGT Quad-PLEASE say this was a good choice...
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:37 AM UTC
Help! I went to HobLob yesterday to pick up a PL NX-01 and wound up with (among several other kits that 'launched' themselves at me) The Tamiya Quad Tractor w/25 pdr. gun [Ford FGT] for 11.00USD. SWMBO gave me the eye roll , grilling , and short silent treatment . Now, I have to know- Roo, DaveCox, et.al- is this Kit a keeper? I am no expert on CW vehicles, but I've been seenig SOOOO many fine examples of this lorry on the Big A lately that I thought I'd take a crack at one. My option is this... Return one kit to ameliorate the damage to my marital bliss (especially since I'm going back today for Sabot and I find out there may be MORE on the shelves...) Or keep this one and point out my steadfast resolve to purchase nothing more. At This Time. And perhaps offer up some of my other, older kits form my stash to my Big A compadres . SO- Good kit? Old, shoddy, no detail, Flash prone? Would like to know before I tear into this poly wrap...I hear it mocking me... Oh help, please help...
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 652 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Not a bad kit. Don't forget that there are shed loads of different conversions for this kit out there.
Do a goole search and check them out. Off the top of my head I think RESICAST do some.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
There are inaccuracies, mostly I understand inside the cab area, but don't let that put you off.
To do conversions all you need are some plastic sheet, a steel ruler, a sharp knife and a drawing. My F30 desert truck consists of no more than these items, and a few bits from the spares box...............
Or if you have the 25pdr do an OOB build - looks nice when displayed all together!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:40 AM UTC
yes Dave, It comes with the 25 pdr & limber. O.K., I'm keeping it! Sigh... anybody wanna buy an MPC U-2 or Monogram F-82 Twin Mustang... ?
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:31 AM UTC
my grandfather used to model "ages" ago and he has that kit (i'm sure its from an older company) and yes, it is a good kit!
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
the kit is a little overscale (more like 1/32) and has some faults on the interior.

But as a kit it is still very good and concidering it was released back in 1975 or there abouts it carries it's age well.

Cliff
 _GOTOTOP