_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good Mate ALERT!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:47 AM UTC
Howdy All,

I just wanted to take a moment of your valuable time surfing Armorama to point out a bloke amoungst us who is Guilty as sin!!
Not only is this guy a constant perpetrator of sharing his scratch/bashing techniques with all of us, but he persists in commiting henious crimes of encouragement and mentoring to those of us in need.
Worse than all of the above atrocities, this 'Crocodile Dundee' lookalike has added the word 'Pusher' to his reperatorie of deadly monikers.....that's right ladies and gentlemen, this lad's a dealer of modeling 'drugs'!!
And he doesn't mind doling out more than his share of the stuff. At every opportunity this dasdardly villian will slip you habit-forming drugs called 'Pointer's', or ' Guidance', or even worse, he'll be more than happy to supply the 'junkies' of this fine craft extra 'Goodies' just to ensure you get your 'high'.
There's even photographic evidence of him trying his best to 'recruit' fine looking Aussie lasses (posing as Park Ranger's.....can you believe it?) to help him ply his trade...............the 'Horror'.........the 'horror'.............

If you haven't already been able to figure out what villianous creature of which I speak.....then let me reveal this vile, and verminous cad, and throw back the cloak behind which he hides!!!!

da dad dadaaaaaaaaa MR. ROO!!!

That's right fellow Armoramaites, our (supposedly) good Cliff Hutching's is the culprit of all this.
His hideaway (wouldn't you know it) is far, far away, down around the bottom of the Earth in Australia of all places. Not only that, but he's out in the middle of nowhere, far from the 'Arm's of the modeling Law's' wouldn't you know. In a place called Gympie (although I have it on good authority that this name is actually false, and that the real name of the place he lurks is a place called New Jersey!).

So...in closing, my fellow Armorama members. The only way we can fend off this kind of psuedo-criminal activity being perpetrated by the indomitable Mr. Roo, is by all of us paying veeeeeeeeeerrrrryyyyy close attention to his antics..........that way he can't get away with it any longer!

Be warned Mr. Roo.......the 'light' of appreciation..{cough!}.....err, I mean, consternation...is upon you!

Tread.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:18 AM UTC
LOL Tread, but oh so true......... for Cliff
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:31 AM UTC
Yeah, Roo is a nice fellow. sometimes too nice! especially to my lady friends!!!!

I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,255 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC

Bravo!!!

John
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:00 AM UTC
Tread- We'll all certainly be on the lookout for this Heinous Marsupial, but I believe you should have to back up some of your more extreme claims... Hmmm... Let's start with posting the Photographic evidence of the :-)8 "fine looking Aussie lasses".
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:28 AM UTC
Is this a joke or are you serious
If you are serious why didn t you first get in touch with the rest of the STAFF MEMBERS as he is one of them. And get your piece of mind first with the STAFF MEMBERS and then with the rest of us, because this seams to be quite serious what you ve done or I might not get the clue of the joke
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:17 AM UTC
Tread ... I am so glad you started this post. If you hadnīt, I would have. To add to the story:......
A few months ago, when I was building my DUKW, I got a lot of advice from Roo (among others). When I asked him about the hood bows on his, he told me he used the 2.5 ton truck ones as they were the same.
So I asked on the Stockholm IPMS board, if anybody had a spare set. Right away I got an offer. After a few weeks I e-mailed the guy again, but his father had been very ill for some time and had just died. He hasnt been to the latest meeting (understandably) and now there is a 2 month summerbreak.
So I decided to scratch them and my first thought was to e-mail Cliff about some measurements. I never got any measurements ... I got sent a full set of hood bows instead. That was last week. Today when I came home from work, my marsupial post had arrived. No contraband .. just the hood bows.

Some times, it just bowls me over, the goodwill and generosity of some people. I guess if you put "good mate" or gentelman on an envelope, it would probably go direct to the Roo man. Thanks Cliff.

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC
Guys when I can stop laughing for a minute about Treads thread I will say this in my defence.

A lot of guys helped me out with advice, parts etc over time here on armorama and in my own way I am only following the tradition formed here on Armorama of helping folk out.

I will continue to do this were I can as I do not mind answering questions if I can or suppling spare bits if I can to help out.

So anyone who thinks I can help. JUST ASK
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:13 AM UTC
MisterRoo is already my hero (him and William Shatner) because he let me into his campaign without seeing a shred of talent on my part.

He was kind to me when I was expecting to be kicked repeatedly in the hindquarters and told to play in traffic by the users herein.

I am seriously contemplating naming the first 3 of my offspring MisterRoo.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC
Yea, that Mr Roo is a sneaky sort. Always weaseling some little tidbit of useful info. He's making the rest of us have better models and we can't have that now can we......can we?
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:52 AM UTC
Roo....WE LOVE YOU so much it puts a tear to my eye

for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:41 PM UTC
My fellow admirers of MrRoo I have to agree with you 100% I too am a recipent of cliffs good will when I was first gfetting into modelling he sent me is old AB free of charge for which I am for ever grateful.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 06:49 PM UTC
Bravo for Mr Roo . Thats all i have to say . Sophisticated Scratcher and a gentleman. Especially with ladies ....if u know what i mean
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bravo for Mr Roo . Thats all i have to say . Sophisticated Scratcher and a gentleman. Especially with ladies ....if u know what i mean

LOL :-) Costas you are giving all my secrets away :-)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
And out of the blue he sent me some truck wheels!.... Is there no end to this guy's talents?, even my wife thinks he's charming...More than she thinks of me...Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And out of the blue he sent me some truck wheels!.... |)

Nice aren't they Jim, got some of them as well. Handy for replacing the 20" wheels next time I chop up a gun tractor................
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkįe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:14 PM UTC
I am 15th posting here and I see 14 guys told all the good things in their posts..all i can add :I am proud to have you as a friend Craig. long and happy living with your lovers ,my fearless friend.(just remembered the crocodile photo)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am 15th posting here and I see 14 guys told all the good things in their posts..all i can add :I am proud to have you as a friend Craig. long and happy living with your lovers ,my fearless friend.(just remembered the crocodile photo)

LOL I was more interested in patting the pretty keeper then being scared of the croc :-) :-) :-)

Thanks guys it is nice to know my efforts are appreciated
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:10 AM UTC

Oh!......did I forget to mention, the cad also sent me some of his superb wheels as well!
Seems he's trying to lure me into his 'den of inequity' by tempting my staunch resilience with more of his 'Goodies'.

....The Horror............the horror................

Tread.

DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh!......did I forget to mention, the cad also sent me some of his superb wheels as well!
Seems he's trying to lure me into his 'den of inequity' by tempting my staunch resilience with more of his 'Goodies'.
....The Horror............the horror................
Tread.

We'll make 'truckies' of you all yet............
 _GOTOTOP