_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
XF-64 ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:56 PM UTC
Would anybody know if this is the Tamiya color for the Brown armor look. I tried asking in the paint section for a couple days now, and still no answer, they call it red brown, it sounds like it would but I'm not sure, I figured somebody had to of painted one sooner or later, and would be able to answer. Thank you for your time

Straightedge
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 06:02 PM UTC
What vehicle is it for Straightedge? May be able to advise then.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 06:32 PM UTC
Acrylic or enamel? X-64 is redbrown.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would anybody know if this is the Tamiya color for the Brown armor look.

I used XF-64 for brown in modern US 3-color camouflage (also known as NATO scheme). It works better that Tamiya NATO Brown paint. But of course you need to tell what model you are building to get better answer.

Pawel
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:32 AM UTC
yeah XF 64 is named kinda funny; tamiya calls it red-brown, when in actual fact, tamiya "Brown" (forgot the XF number) is actually much more of a reddish colour
ws48
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:25 AM UTC
Tamiya XF-64 is the color I use as the brown for the standard German 3 color camoflage. The other colors I use are XF-61 for the dark green and Model Master Dunklegelb for the dark yellow.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:43 AM UTC
I can't think of which one it was now but some of the WWII armor was green and some was brown, and I was looking for a Tamiya color to do the brown, and I was just wondering if the redbrown was it the XF-64 cause I know the XF-62 olive drab was one of the other main colors, I seen somebody else done a model in the brown, and they hit it on the mark, and I was just hoping it was Tamiya paint, cause I have learned how to paint with a brush using Tamiya paints that look like it was sprayed with an air brush.
So now I'm hooked on Tamiya paints for now, or at least until I do get an airbrush.
Painting with enamels I just highlight, cause if I try to paint the whole thing with enamels, then it looks like it was painted with a brush.
I wish I could pin point it down, probably when I'm thinking of something else it will come to me, but there was 2 colors brown and green on the old armor, and I was just looking for the paint number for the brown color on the old armor that they used.
Now I never bought XF-64 so I don't know if it is the one for the old brown armor, cause it kinda had a redish tint I think.
The last one I seen was one of the Sherman takeovers with the gun to the side, I'm sorry I just can't remember the number of the tank M?
 _GOTOTOP