_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What happened? I got busted!!
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
What happened to my rank on here? I just recently picked up the promotion to major, and now I am showing up as Captain? what gives? "Q"
druid
Visit this Community
Finland
entire network: 211 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 12:58 AM UTC
There was a rank flush/renew thing recently. I think it's discussed in the Site Talk forum. Another possibility is that some old threads were pruned and you had a lot of posts in them. That would lower the postcount and rank.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC
Druid is right. The default rank used to mix Army enlisted and officer ranks. Some new users were confused that there were two types of Army enlisted ranks.

The first type mirrored the enlisted ranks of the USN, USAF and USMC and went from E1 to E9.

The second type started at "base visitor" then went to private, buck sergent, staff sergeant, and eventually went into the officer ranks starting at 1LT and continued on into 5-star general.

Jim separated the base visitor and enlisted ranks from the default officer rank structure and now you start out at 2LT and work your way up to 5-stars. When he did this, it bumped a lot of officers down in rank.

Consider it a reduction in force.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
That explains it. Never did understand the dark side (Officer ranks) snicker snicker. I am going to change back to the enlisted I think, We run the show anyways!! heh heh. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP