_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
Sponsoring IPMS Trophy Packs
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 10:47 AM UTC
Last year a few of us got together and sponsored a trophy prize pack for the AMPS East contest in upstate NY in Armorama.com's name.

My local IPMS chapter has a show on 19 September in Lowell, Mass. Trophy packs are $30, if anyone wants to chip in to sponsor one as "Armorama.com" you can PM me.

I plan on using the funds generated to sponsor one of the Armor categories, but the specific category we sponsor really doesn't matter to me (could be sci-fi, car, boat, plane). So if someone who donates funds really wants to sponsor a non-armor category, we can do that instead.
Sabot
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:50 AM UTC
So far I've gotten a PM from Chuck Bush regarding sponsoring a trophy pack. I will front the money out of my own pocket for this. Who knows, it may draw some new users to the site.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 11:41 AM UTC
Check PM

A HUGH donation has been sent.... LOL
5 bucks on it's way Rob....... LOL
Sabot
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2004 - 09:07 PM UTC
I want to thank Jim "Gunnie" Lewis, Chuck Bush, Charlie "Tuna" Murphy, Dave "GOM" O'Meara and Al LaFleche for sending in money. I put in the rest of the money and bought two trophy packs.

Armorama is officially sponsoring category 15, Armored vehicles 1/35 post-1945 and category 20 Sci-fi & Space.

PatCon 2004.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 12:04 AM UTC
Rob, sorry I saw this late or I would have sent something. I think I sent last year for the sponsorship and would have loved to keep up the tradition. I am planning on attending the show though but would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a site that has the directions. Maybe I'll drop Pip Moss an email and see if he has directions.

Do we know everyone from Armorama whose going to be in attendance?
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 01:43 AM UTC
[quote]
Armorama is officially sponsoring category 15, Armored vehicles 1/35 post-1945 and category 20 Sci-fi & Space.

[quote]

That's great Rob. I wish I could be there. Actually my wife is in Lewiston for the next few weeks caring for her brother post surgery. Had I gone with her I might have been able to attend your show.
Oh well, someone had to stay behind and build models.

Chuck
Sabot
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do we know everyone from Armorama whose going to be in attendance?

Several locals like myself, Tuna, Alpenflage, TankCarl, Al LaFleche, Grasshop12, Olaf Kievit, Kevin Keefe, and several others I've probably missed. I know Dixon66 is local but can't make it and I don't know if Marty makes these shows. Monte is another one from Al's club that usually makes it up.

If you need directions, PM me and I''l send you them. Where are you coming from?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 03:44 AM UTC
Marty posted that he's planning on doing Patcon, Granitecon and Baycon.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 04:30 AM UTC
Rob,
Many thanks to you and the other financial sponsors for setting this up. This kind of thing certainly helps get the word out to modelers who may not be active on the Internet (yet).

Cheers,
Jim
Sabot
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:22 AM UTC
Some of the benefits will be our name on the trophy plate and mention during the awards ceremony. Additionally, the display sign at the raffle table will have the names of sponsors. The webmaster will also put up the sponsor's name on the Patriot Club website, although I doubt the site is visited very much by non-Patriot club members.

It's just a little show, but it is good publicity and for a good cause.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 02:18 AM UTC
TunCan.I will be going to Patcon too.You can Mapquest directions to the street adress.Iususally go around Boston on 495,because i can imagine the traffic on a Sunday.
(++) (++) (++) (++)
 _GOTOTOP