_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Tallyho! (or: Taking the Plunge)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:36 AM UTC
Well, after months of lurking about here, I've decided to make a formal introduction. Rather than bore you with details about myself( I look forward to boring you with them in the future... :-) ) I'd like to say just how impressed I am with this site! Scrolling through the Forums, I continually find myself saying things like: "Wow, Gunnie is THE Jim Lewis of Guntruck Studios" or " Dave Willette? Animal is the guy whose guntruck work I've been drooling over??" and so on. Not only are these Modeling heroes on the same page, they're so incredibly helpful. It's as if I'm 15 again and Shep Paine is giving me personal pointers... I'd like to extend a personal Thanks and salute to Staff_Jim Starkweather for providing this site and making all of this possible. Jim, if your aim was to create a community online, you have exceeded admirably. I'd also like to thank everyone I've met so far, and look forward to interacting further with you and all the rest. I'll also try to live up to the spirit of the site & offer whatever crumbs of info I may posess which might help any of you. ( To that end, please see a related post in the wingy-thingy forum) Sorry for the lengthy post, Just wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out. I look forward to doing my best to earn a spot with the A team! And as soon as SWMBO(sorry, Rumpole) will release the funds, I intend to contribute monetarily to the aim of keeping our favorite site solvent. Cheers all, and the Cyber-Guinness is on me!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:45 AM UTC
Damn....now that you pointed that out... I am impressed too!!

Hehe....just kidding I have always been impressed with this site and it's members. They are ALWAYS surprising me with their energy and devotion to their fellow modelers.

Thanks!

Jim
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:30 AM UTC
Now my hat will never fit again :-) Thanks for an outstanding opening. And a very hearty welcome to Armorama you silver tongue devil you.. I know that all the wingy guys will really enjoy talking to you about those gawd awful wingy thingies(Kidding).
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:44 AM UTC
We love 'ya Man!

Thanks for hanging out here with us at Armorama!

Gunnie
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC
Oh, not to worry, animal. I got my start in Armor (Italieri M7 Priest, Oh, the good old days...) And find myself back in wheel& trakz often- I find it keeps me "grounded" . And I've actually been hoping to chat w/ you and Gunnie about a scratch project I've had in mind for sometime( Hence the 'sucking up' in the initial post :-) -Kidding!)- I would like to cobble together a 1/35 King Kong. Someone mentioned an M113 campaign possibility, and I think this would be a fun & interesting entry. So I was hoping one of you knew if there was any info on It's construction, or maybe if you happened to know any of the crew? I've been skimming for it and ref's seem a little hard to come by. At any rate, Thanks for the Big A welcomes(Gunnie, Jim this means you too), And looking forward to further contact!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:29 PM UTC
Hey, lets make this an official family! we coud cyber adopt each other Jim, wanna be my cyber dad?
glad to have you here LOGANSDAD enjoy!

Frank
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:48 PM UTC
What do you need. I have some photos of this truck and some of the APC shell after we took it off the damaged truck.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 04:16 PM UTC
welcome aboard soldier!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 04:39 PM UTC
Welcome, you have made yourself part of the family at IMHO the greatest military modeling site on the net. Cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP