_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
HOW CLEAN ARE YOUR MODELS?
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 262 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:41 PM UTC
hya guys,
just want to know if you want your models sparkling clean (factory fresh, no grease, no soothe, no hydrolic leaks) or weathered with all the grease and grind? i build model A/C and all of them are weathered. i find the model very plastic/toy looking if it is very clean. i try to immitate the real thing, how paint looks when they are faded, different shades of gray, blotchy and dirty. these models, for me, look like the real thing.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 01:01 PM UTC
Same here, only I use them on figures....

Weapons and equipment look really nice when they have paint chippings... Besides, oftentimes I over-wash them, kya nagmumukha ring dirty..XP
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:44 PM UTC
For me mild weathering is enough, sometimes I over do the weathering at nawawala yung ibang details. But I love most the recessed panel lines, gandang i-highlights.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 10:49 PM UTC
My first 2 AC's were damn clean and shiny too :-) . Visit my webbie and look for the A-10 and the Fulcrum. But now, slight weathering is far the cleanest model I would do. (See my M4 Early Sherman).
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 02:15 AM UTC
Very UNclean.
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
My collection contains both clean, weathered and heavily weathered kits. It all depends on what I intend to build, really. But like Klinger Id like to get that "real thing" look.

I build tanks usually weathered (but not way too much). These are usually accompanied by a lot of stowage. I also build clean tanks, i.e., those that look like newly painted.

My planes are usually moderately weathered, although my US Navy/Marine kits are more weathered than their USAF counterparts. I limited my weathering on my RAAF Hawk as the markings represented a newly delivered bird.
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
entire network: 262 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 02:38 PM UTC
i think, my whole collection was weathered, even the suppost to be clean A/C is dirty. even my canadian tiger scheme starfighter!!!
 _GOTOTOP