_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I cleaned up my work area...
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 02:52 PM UTC
I know i am sick, but I was looking for something yesterday and started picking up.. Next thing you know I had all of my stuff out and reorganized. Stuff I never use went into a drawer... stuff I should have thrown out months ago I threw out. I can now see my work surface and find my tools, glues, paints and brushes. Oh, and I must have 100 brushes!! I found about 20 under stuff and 10 in a kit box where I had "stored" them.

Sick, I know, but it sure looks nice!! It may last a week...
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 09:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

know i am sick, but I was looking for something yesterday ....

You are not sick!
Perhaps demented at time
But never 'sick'

BTW, have been know to do this to the workbench, the storage area and the garage several times a year!

Now who's "sick" #:-)

Dave
Kaboom
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 69 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 01:23 AM UTC
Man, that's insane!! Maybe you should sit down, prop your feet up, and rest awhile.

Mark
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 01:29 AM UTC
Don't worry it's only a temporary event, you'll be back to yourself in a couple of days. Go out and buy a new kit, that might help too.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 02:25 AM UTC
My work area is always neat and clean. And as long as I keep telling myself that, I won't feel the need to clean it.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 02:37 AM UTC
Hey maybe I'm Just obsessive or perhaps it's out of habit. BUY I keep my area organised and picked up weather I am working or not. As I have more space than I used to. It's just easier to keep things in a more organised manner. Not trying to say anything here, except that I find it easier to both work and find the things that I need while I am working. I think one just has to discilpline him or Herself to do so. Or you end up having put more work into your area than you should have to.
Either way that's just my HUMBLE Opinion. I hope that you get to feeling better all the same.

DAGGER-1 "
Peace Thru Superior Firepower"
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 07:21 AM UTC
Yhe I did that once (Thats When I noticed just how many junk drawers I had)

"One mans junk is another mans tresure"
Gramps.
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 09:55 AM UTC
My desk could use a little straightening up..... Maybe if I had a few more shelves, I would have more room to put models that are ready to paint...... #:-) #:-) #:-)
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 10:12 AM UTC
Oh I agree its easier to work with a clean work area, but until it gets out of hand I'm loath to mess it up by cleaning it. I'm always afraid I'll throw ouot that little piece that flew into the nether corner or that PE thats gone to the missing sock drawer in the sky. the time will come, usually when I need to photograph the kit and I'll spend two hours cleaning up.Just wish someone would come up with a floor that doesn't cause everything to bounce like a stone on water only to sink beneath the tides of time.Well enough time to make some more mess.

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 11:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

started picking up.. Next thing you know I had all of my stuff out and reorganized.

Quoted Text

Oh, and I must have 100 brushes!! I found about 20 under stuff and 10 in a kit box where I had "stored" them

Heheh. My wife just rolls her eyes when she looks in my work room and sees the pile on my desk top area.

I knew I wasn't alone in have 100 brushes. Some of you peeps have 100 or more kits, some of us have 100 or more brushes

MSW
MonkeyBoy
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
entire network: 22 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 03:21 PM UTC
I reached the same point of "critical mess" over the weekend. So, yesterday I bought my new modeling table - a computer desk for about fiftybucks. It is very small (only about 3 feet wide, 2feet deep) with an overhead shelf. Due to my small apartment, this is all I can afford space-wise for models. Now I can move all my stuff off my (also small) kitchen table which has been completely covered with it since May.

Question: Do any of you guys have very small work areas? If so how small?

- MonkeyBoy
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 04:54 PM UTC
Well, talking about small work areas...
Mine acts as a computer/modelling table.
When I start building, I have to move the keyboard aside...so my effective working area is about 60x30 cm!

Toni
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 11:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey maybe I'm Just obsessive or perhaps it's out of habit. BUY I keep my area organised and picked up weather I am working or not. As I have more space than I used to. It's just easier to keep things in a more organised manner. Not trying to say anything here, except that I find it easier to both work and find the things that I need while I am working. I think one just has to discilpline him or Herself to do so. Or you end up having put more work into your area than you should have to.
Either way that's just my HUMBLE Opinion. I hope that you get to feeling better all the same.

DAGGER-1 "
Peace Thru Superior Firepower"

Ahhhhhhhh Dagger - Well spoken and done. you are not obssesive, just well
organized ! - I myself am the same, and if your name wasn't on your reply, I would
of sworn that it was me who typed it .
I like being organized .......... and like you ............. my tool's and supplies are where I can see them and all in arm's reach. I like your style Dagger

- ralph
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 11:30 PM UTC
[quote]I reached the same point of "critical mess" over the weekend. So, yesterday I bought my new modeling table - a computer desk for about fiftybucks. It is very small (only about 3 feet wide, 2feet deep) with an overhead shelf. Due to my small apartment, this is all I can afford space-wise for models. Now I can move all my stuff off my (also small) kitchen table which has been completely covered with it since May.

Question: Do any of you guys have very small work areas? If so how small?

- MonkeyBoy[/quote

] #:-) #:-) I used to have a small work area. BUT now since I moved to a house. I have alot more room to work and to breathe. BUT I know what it is like to feel cramped and wishing for a better situatuion. I hope you soon find more room to work in.

DAGGER-1
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:06 AM UTC
Mine is in dire need of a good cleaning, it only gets cleaned in between kits and i have been working on the latest project for awhile now because I have not had much time lately to do any modelling.
 _GOTOTOP