_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Model building + house work dont mix
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:43 AM UTC
Try as i can i carnt seem to do both.need to lay new carpet in kids play room, repaint the kitchen after iv had a new on put in,so am not getting in to my builds as much as i would like.Tomorrow i will have a new 1/25 panther come in the post so there will be no more house work from then on.cheers
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
Just lose that first part, and you'll be good! Thanks for your time.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 01:27 PM UTC
When I was yonger my dad used to tell me, Son go paint the house, Son go mow the lawn, Son go wash the cars. Now that I'm all grown up I understand what he was trying to teach me... I gotta get me some kids!!
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 01:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When I was yonger my dad used to tell me, Son go paint the house, Son go mow the lawn, Son go wash the cars. Now that I'm all grown up I understand what he was trying to teach me... I gotta get me some kids!!

so thats what 'my old man' is trying to tell me...
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now that I'm all grown up I understand what he was trying to teach me... I gotta get me some kids!!

Nope, doesn't work that way. I've got two kids, both girls, and they don't help at ALL. Thank goodness my wife does.

Tigeriv, when SWMBO, she who must be obeyed, comes down with the "honey do" list, that list of things that always starts with, "honey, can you do this", modeling goes out the window. I go back to work tomorrow after being off for 12 days, including weekends, and I haven't gotten one thing done on my models. Got a new hardware floor though.

Oh well.

boatswain
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 10:44 PM UTC
I know exactly what you mean....

Between cleaning up the basement/workroom/modelling bench after the flood caused by ALL of the spring rain, (nothing got ruined,I am happy to report) all of the outdoor yard work,and trying to fix the the exterior of the house 'cause we are trying to sell it next year, I haven't touched a model now in almost 2 months!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP