_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
3d work! give me a mark
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
entire network: 720 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:05 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I'm working on my thesis at university, the two subject I have to discuss are digital grafich and contemporary history. so I'm working on a role game for my thesis. you'll be Rosevelt and you have to take some big decision like the d-day or to invade italy or nort africa or begin the war against the japanese
here there is the room of roosevelt, like medal of honor.
you 'll pass the mouse over the object and you can do something....this is a work in progres and there is only the studio's immage.
take a look suggest and critics are welcome
cheers

m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
Very cool. I'm waiting for the Splinter Cell dude to come in and ransack the room!
One pick; lighten the photos maybe.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
First Impression was - WOW Cool. Well done.

For something related to your thesis I will get super nit picky and critical and offer these as things that may be worked on.

The desk lamp could use a bit of a shadow to connect it to the desk. It could be partly because the lamp is in a 'swooping' part of the grain in the wood that makes it hoover.

The door is very narrow, I would widen it some, I know perspective makes it smaller but with the height and width combo I see it seems narrow.

To me the floor and the desk almost seem to be at the same heigth on the right side of the room. honestly don't have a suggestion for what to do about that one.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC
Very nice. But I think the photo would be of Elanor Rosevelt.

This is in the wrong forum though. I will move it to General Modeling (even though it's still not really "scale" modeling.

Jim
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:59 AM UTC
Love the panzers on the screen,very cool
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 564 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:27 PM UTC
Nicely Done!!!!!

Scott Gentry
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The door is very narrow, I would widen it some, I know perspective makes it smaller but with the height and width combo I see it seems narrow.

To me the floor and the desk almost seem to be at the same heigth on the right side of the room. honestly don't have a suggestion for what to do about that one.

I agree with the door as well. As for the floor and desk, I noticed that the desk is parallel with the designs on the rug, thus making it seem as the carpet is level with the desk. Maybe angling the desk to the right, and enlarging the picture to show some shadow of the desk might help.

Jeff
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 11:25 AM UTC
IMHO a map would be better than this blackboard and a few more books on the table.one book,paper and a pen made me think Roosevelt will study for an exam.

why not playing the film directly on the wall,this folding style thing looks so modern..

and your 3d project is very good.congrats
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
Nice, You've probably finished this assignment now but I'm quite interested in 3d myself so may be able to help a little.

The only thing i could say is concerning lighting. I'm not sure what program your using here but to me the lighting could make a big difference. The light that hits the desk doesn't look as if it came from the lamp. As in....the angle at which the lamp is positioned on the desk doesn't relate to the angle at which the edge of its light hits the desk. To me it'd look more realistic to have the edge of light moving from the center of the desk, nearest to you, up and left as it moves to the far side of the desk.

Also you may (if your program permits) drop the volume lights that are lighting the main part of the room. What this would achieve is making the eye be attracted to the more brighter areas of the image. The brighter areas where you want to focus would be the desk (under the light) and the projector image. Remember lights are dimmed when a projector is running so this would help create that atmosphere.

Let us know how you go.....would love to see the final image.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
I love these sorts of games....

What about a phone on the desk, for communication with other players (Chat mode?) or to receive updates from the field? The president certainly would have had a desk phone!

How 'bout a cane near the door, in case he wants to "walk" to another area, where other options and controls might be? I don't know how large of a context you are trying to create.

If you want to use a photo of FDR instead of Eleanor, perhaps you could use one in the context of him sitting with Churchill? I have photos of myself on my desk with other people, but not one of just myself!

The lamp also looks "somehow askew".... it is not correctly positioned on the same plane as the rest of the room.

Just suggestions intended to help - certainly not criticisms, as you have done far better than I ever could do!
 _GOTOTOP