_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
More Newbie Love
Munkie
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:57 AM UTC
Ok... still taking my first model a week later.

It is a SturmTiger, and in some shots it shows a fabric boot around the barrel of the turret. Any idea for how to replicate this?

Also, I put on the tools before I did the camoflage, do I just do the cammy paint with my airbrush, then paint the tools by hand?

And my glue left a lot of white marks on the plastic surface, what do I do about these?

Thanks,
Munkie!
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC
Sand the glue spots gently if you can
what kind of glue?
I like CA

Also I recommend you camo then apply tools
but
I guess you can hand paint them now

keep with it - youll get a style you like
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:54 AM UTC
just leave the tools in the camo paint,
the germans did not take off there tools to paint the camo,
so it will be ok
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:25 AM UTC
For the Fabric boot ...I have never seen one used in combat photo's so if you want to skip it you can...If not there are ways to make it either using an epoxie putty like milliput or you could do it using kleenex tissues that you soak in a mixture of water and white glue ...Not as hard as you'd think. As for the tools you'll see it isn,t that hard to paint them afterwords ..I usually do it that way ...Trick is to get as close as you can and then use a dark wash that will go where you can't get with a brush... You better try and sand down those glue marks because they have a way of showing thru ...that or a big glob of MUD! :-) Show us some pictures when you're finished.!

Rick
Munkie
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For the Fabric boot ...I have never seen one used in combat photo's so if you want to skip it you can...If not there are ways to make it either using an epoxie putty like milliput or you could do it using kleenex tissues that you soak in a mixture of water and white glue ...Not as hard as you'd think. As for the tools you'll see it isn,t that hard to paint them afterwords ..I usually do it that way ...Trick is to get as close as you can and then use a dark wash that will go where you can't get with a brush... You better try and sand down those glue marks because they have a way of showing thru ...that or a big glob of MUD! :-) Show us some pictures when you're finished.!

Rick

Pictures after? *RUNS AND HIDES*
 _GOTOTOP