_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Question for Faust...or anyone who would know
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 528 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:16 AM UTC
I was wondering what program Faust uses to make scale signs like the ones he sent alot of us. i would like to make some of my own but dont know what program to use. Thanks
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 641 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
Scale signs?! Aw man, how'd I miss out on that one? ha ha I would imagine that maybe Photoshop or maybe even MS Powerpoint/Word can work too?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC
Ola Matrix

Well being in the multimedia business I always have programms like Illustrator and Photoshop at hand.
In those programs you can scale down very precisely. In word you can also scale pics down and there are a dozen others in wich it might work as well

I hope this is the needed info for you

Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:24 AM UTC
Wow thanks for the fast responces. FAUST, how do you scale down in word and how do you know what scale it is. any tips, tricks or step by steps are welcome. Thanks again

FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

how do you scale down in word and how do you know what scale it is. any tips, tricks or step by steps are welcome. Thanks again

As far as scaling down in word it is nothing more then importing your picture and then scale it by dragging one of the blocks at the corner by holding shift. Only way is that this is not really accurate way of doing. Adobe Photoshop offers the option to do Image size and here you can adjust almost all size settings of your pic this way you can do it in the most accurate way. About getting the good sizes requires a bit more research. A lot of Posters can be found on several places. Try to locate the biggest version you can find. then try to look that same image up on a site where they sell posters and mostly you will find the Sizes of an original. Well do the trick of the original sizes divide (hope this is correct) them by 35 and put those numbers in Photoshop in the Image Size menu.
From everything you scale down in photoshop are the sizes known and most of them can be found on the web.

Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 10:10 AM UTC
Would Adobe Photoshop Elements work? Ive never used it but have had it for awhile now.....
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
I think that Elements would work. I have no experience with Elements but from what I understood of it it is some sort of Photoshop light

Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC
ok i will try it. thanks for the help.
 _GOTOTOP