_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Future Floor Polish...Australian Equivalent
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hi Guys....
I'm just wondering if any Aussies here could guide me to buying a future polish type product here in Oz. For the usual applications such as protecting undercoats decals and clear plastic parts etc. I have bought a product called "Long Life....self shining floor polish" just on the offchance but have found it to fog a little. I'm assuming there might be another product better suited.

Cheers all
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 10:46 PM UTC
"Pledge One Go" is the Australian Equivilent
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 01:15 AM UTC

Powerlogik

I did a bit of research into this a couple of years ago and came up with Johnson's "Shine Magic". Although I think I read a post recently that this is now no longer available. Nowhere does it say it is acrylic, and it is a milky colour, but it seems to do all that Future is claimed to do and strips/cleans with ammonia (Windex).

I have used it for gloss coat, mixed with Tamiya Flat base for matt coat or satin coat using the ratios suggested in FSM a couple of months ago, and for getting shiny canopies.

The only muck up I have had with it was over Humbrol Sky on the Tamiya Beaufighter when for some reason it yellowed. Whether the Sky wasn't completely cured - or this stuff goes off after a couple of years - I am no sure.

Anyway I picked mine up at Coles as Woolworths did not carry it.

See if you can get it in the West.

Brian.
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 01:00 PM UTC
Thanks guys for your replies. Would seem that the product I was using is sort of on track. But i will be sure to keep an eye out for the products you mentioned.

Brian this Long Life product sounds very similar to the johnsons product you mentioned. Also milky in appearance (more like dropping a little milk into a glass and filling with water). I'm interested to sample all these products to see the difference.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP