_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Health and Safety
Have a question about what is safe or an experience that might warn others?
This site is therapeutic...thanks
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 08:08 AM UTC
This may be a bit off topic...

I had the misfurtune of investigating a fatal auto crash last night that involved a one year old in a stroller that was run over when his mother's SUV rolled out of their driveway. Needless to say, the whole experience has me down...I can't imagine the anguish the family must be going through...

This may sound strange, but I got onto this site just to clear my head, and that's when I realized just how therapeutic Armorama (modeling) can really be.

Without knowing it, you all have really lifted my spirits. Visiting this site is a great way to get my mind off of things for awhile. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who make Armorama what it is.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 08:31 AM UTC
Sorry to hear you had to live something such as tragic as that. I do know what you mean though, if I am suffering from stress (job related) or other issues, this site does lift my spirits. Just reading posts and viewing modeling masterpieces sure can put a smile on my face.

HastyP
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
Darryl,
I am sad to hear of their loss as well, but it is nice to know the site has that kind of effect. It could be the reason also that so many x-soldiers have picked up the hobby over the past 50 years. When I did get the time to actually make models, the time was certainly peaceful and theraputic for me too.

Cheers,
Jim
jw73
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie, Poland
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 08:39 AM UTC
Modelling is very relaxing. After hard day I often go to Armorama because I am too tired to build models. Before hard day I build like mad. It helps me to forget.
 _GOTOTOP