_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Definitions of Art
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:52 AM UTC
I just got back from a weeks training for my company. The first day there they put up a number of sayings on what Art or Creativity is. I thought some of these were appropriate for modeling. I truly believe that some of the things done on this site cross over from a craft, or hobby, into the world of art. I didn't write down who said all these but I'm sure a Google search could find it.

"I put my heart and soul into my art, and lost my mind."

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

"A man paints with his brains, not with his hands."

"Art is skill, that is the first meaning of the word."

"To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong."

"Every child is an artist, that's not the problem. The problem is being one when he grows up."

"Every artist was first an amateur."

"The artist is not a different kind of person, but every person is a different kind of artist."

"Art is making something out of nothing, and selling it."

Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:43 AM UTC
Anything that is better than the Turner prize.
Arthur
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anything that is better than the Turner prize.
Arthur

My kids pictures are far better than anything that's submitted for the Turner prize. The "Fighting Temeraire" is my favourite painting, Turner must be spinning so fast in his grave that he's undermining the whole cemetary.
kitbasher
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
hello halfyank

this should be an interesting subject lol - im an illustrator, so i guess for me art is creating - and creating from what we see. Artistic is i guess an individual thing, but if you create and you are happy with it, thats all that matters, and if you can create things that/for other people enjoy, well, thats a bonus. Taking the things you see around you and recreating them be it in 3D or on canvas is art, no matter how good, or what age you are. My kids are fantastic artists, because they see things from young eyes (innocently) without bias. Im glad i have the imagination i have to be able to create, and do things like model making - armorama goes to show that everyone can be creative and artistic - and thats the best thing about it.

:-) :-) kitbasher
 _GOTOTOP