_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
NEWS
  New Armor and Figure Books
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 04:46 AM UTC
Acción Press has released two new ''Monographs'', one covering the STUG III and the other on the conversion and sculpting of figures. Both seem to be fascinating and detailed studies in their respective fields...

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 05:14 AM UTC
Good call Jim. The book on figure composition and posing sounds very attractive ... in english of course. This is an area where Im getting more and more interested in myself.
Priced at 15 euros is even more attractive. This one id definatly have on my bookshelf, when its translated.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
I will be phoning Acción Press on monday to ask if they intend doing full translations of these books. My guess is YES, going by their previous policy, they have far more of an eye on the outside market than the (limited) Spanish market. The Mike Blank book and all of the other mentioned titles are all available in English already.... With the success of the Armor Aces magazine, this can only encourage them.....Jim

Postscript, unless you are really bored, the Acción Press website is a complete waste of time...they haven't updated it for at least a year (one of the things I will be 'suggesting' to them... )
 _GOTOTOP