_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
How long it takes?
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 06:58 PM UTC
On average, How long does it take you to build a kit?
Say you work on it every weekend. what would be the totsl man hours. I'm considering you are not drunk or stoned the night before.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:27 PM UTC
For me, it all depends on the "morale" that you have for the particular moment....

Merong times na mataas yung "morale", kaya tuloy-tuloy paminsan... There are times where "morale" is down, kya minsan tinatamad...XP

About the question, I don' t really have a specific answer...I remember having one 1/35 figure hanging on for around 2 months before I finished it...Xp
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:22 PM UTC
It depends on the sked of my work. If I have a very flexible sked, I can finish a kit 1 week tops. At the maximum (if my workload is heavy and hectic), a month.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:47 PM UTC
Pag inupuan ko yung kit and practically OOB, I can finish a tank/AC/figure in a day. A total of 5-8 working ours.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 02:14 AM UTC
I have to agree with lonewolf. It all depends on your drive to build. It took me almost 3 months to finish my entry to the M1OAID Campaign.
flex_cs
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 05:25 AM UTC
i think it depends on the detail that you want your kit to have(esp in the type of detail that Mr. buck makes to his models...Hail Braille!!:-)) and also the scale ....

if you want to superdetail your kit esp made by scratchbuilding then it would take me months to finish my kit lets say around 2 to 3 months for every weekend.

but if its just OOB maybe in 2 to 3 weeks it could be finished depending also on your desire to finish it just what lonewolf mentioned

on my part i really like to detail my kits esp by scratchbuilding kya la pa ko natatapos since last year i'm so depressed
flex_cs
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
i think it depends on the detail that you want your kit to have(esp in the type of detail that Mr. buck makes to his models...Hail Braille!!:-)) and also the scale ....

if you want to superdetail your kit esp made by scratchbuilding then it would take me months to finish my kit lets say around 2 to 3 months for every weekend.

but if its just OOB maybe in 2 to 3 weeks it could be finished depending also on your desire to finish it just what lonewolf mentioned

on my part i really like to detail my kits esp by scratchbuilding kya la pa ko natatapos since last year i'm so depressed
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 05:46 PM UTC
Mahihirapan nga akong tapusin ang mga ito this year:

I average one kit a month be it figures or armor. I don't build ships anymore because it's so hard to pack 'em up and send home. So I'll save that for when I retire and return to the country. Hah! 28yo and thinking about retirment.

And it seems that in the span of time that I've built one kit, I've already bought 2 more. Time to stop buying for the moment I think. I've actually concentrated in figures so much last year that I've left all these armor to accumulate.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mahihirapan nga akong tapusin ang mga ito this year:

I average one kit a month be it figures or armor. I don't build ships anymore because it's so hard to pack 'em up and send home. So I'll save that for when I retire and return to the country. Hah! 28yo and thinking about retirment.

And it seems that in the span of time that I've built one kit, I've already bought 2 more. Time to stop buying for the moment I think. I've actually concentrated in figures so much last year that I've left all these armor to accumulate.

Tsk. tsk tsk... oo nga! Dami nyan a! Kung nahihirapan ka, pwede mong idonate sa akin yung Flak, Stug tsaka Sherman mo :-) :-) :-) #:-) joke lang pre!!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 11:09 PM UTC
My fastest build was a Dragon M1A2 with Tamiya mine plow. The 2002 Nationals spurred me to finish it - from box to paint finish - in one week.

Depends very much on the kit also. I finished assembling - not including paint and weathering - a 1/700 IJN WW2 destroyer in four hours.
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
entire network: 262 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 10:22 AM UTC
guys,
try building models habang bukas ang tv sa likod tapus topgun un nka play sa dvd or platoon na puro barilan. it works with me.lalu akong ginganahan!!!
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
entire network: 262 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 10:24 AM UTC
siguro i can finish a model in a week kung oob at direretcho ang paggawa. a month kun may mga modification like wing surgery, open gunbay surgery and eye candy cockpit.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
For motivation, in general, I hum Wagner's "Ride of the Valkryies" or the Soviet National Anthem. If armor, I hum "Panzerlied." For aircraft, I hum the Luftwaffe's song. Often, I build in the living room and pop-in a DVD (usually LOTR, but sometimes Master and Commander or some other war/action flick - although "Love Actually" did make wonders to one of my potential National entries hehehehe) - much to me parent's distress.

Now, if I can only persuade Jomz to give his Preciousssssssss iPod to me for P1.00 - including scratches, I'll be doing no more humming and will be listening my MP3 collection while I build me models hehehehe
jeremy47
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 50 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:12 AM UTC
ako depende pag 1/35 cguro 4 days ang max ko(armors)
pero pag mga 1/350 scale warships mga 1month cguro..
figures? mga 4 oras ok na!

ako para may boost ang morale... manood muna ng saving private ryan(pag wwii kits)
or black hawk down pag mejo modern. hehe

d ako gumagawa pag tanghali.. mainit mashado, masakit sa ulo hehehe. nagsisimula ako
mga hapon or gabi. na kasmang my backround music na kahit ano.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 06:27 PM UTC
Everyday, I devote about 4 to 5 hours of modeling, usually before and after work.

At this rate, I found out it takes me approximately half a month or two and a half weeks to finish a 1/35 or 1/48 scale model.

The model that took me a year to finish was my 1/350 CVN 65 or the USS Enterprise.

Angela
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 06:47 PM UTC
Sino sa inyo nag a-absent sa escuela o trabajo para gumawa ng model?

Isa na ako du-on. Nung isang araw absent ako para i-assemble ang M41 at Gulaschkanone.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 07:25 PM UTC
Hmmm....I never remembered being absent in class or at work just to make a model.

But during my college days, I did bought a kit to school. During my free time, or if I don't have a scheduled test or research, I spend some time modeling in a shed.

Of course, I don't bring an airbrush to school.

Angela
BlackThor_06
Visit this Community
entire network: 200 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 04:36 AM UTC
I used to build them in 1-4 days - usually 1/72 aircraft. I didn't bother with filling seams and such, and they were just handpainted.

These days, completing a kit would take over a month; the longest was a 1/35 M1A2 Abrams - I spent perhaps 3 months on it.

Not too long ago I did build a 1/48 WWII Corsair in 2-3 days just for fun, though.

:)

BT6
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:04 PM UTC
Forever. hehehehe

What LW said, depends on the "morale".

As for being absent from either school or work to do a model... I haven't reached that point - yet. However, I have from time-to-time been known to bringing a kit or subassembly to work with in the office during boring hours hehehehe
 _GOTOTOP