_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
How long to get registered?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:46 PM UTC
Have a friend who wants to join. Filled out the data but in 24hours has not received a password. I cannot remember how long it took get mine.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 03:02 PM UTC
Shermie,
If someone does not get a sign-up email with their password it's because of either 2 things.

1. They didn't provide a working email or that account is either over capacity (we forget to delete mail from those yahoo, msn, etc accounts), or the account is no longer valid. If the account was maxed out with mail when the server attempts to send the sign-up mail the new user should delete or read all the waiting mail they have and then use the forgot password function to get a new password sent to them.

2. Spam blocking systems have been known to stop our emails from getting properly delivered. AOL and other ISPs are putting Armorama mail in the spam folder area. Also other spam lists are unfortunately recommending to ISPs that they block an entire range of IP addresses that are used by our hosting company because of the actions of one of many clients they have. Seems silly but SPAM mail is the plauge of the Internet.

The bottom line is that in almost 100% of cases, when you sign up an email is sent. If you don't get it then simply contact me and I can try to get your password to you in another way. But I will need to verify that you (the new user) are providing a valid email address.

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP