_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I give up on Verlinden!!!!
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:48 PM UTC
I thought they were the best Manufacture in the buisness.I just recieved to sets of theres the jeep crew and the detail set.Ok first problem :

PE was rusted could not see ant numbers even with the magnifier.

The stains would not clean off.

The instructions are very vague ( I am sort of new to modeling two years only building one armor kit and tons of figures) so I am really now using PE and resin but man I used it from other Manufactuers for figures it was not hard at all.

Also the figures are FAT!! what is that about ?

Warriors are tall and buff but these guys are FAT!

These guys are supposed to be the Grandfathers of Military Models.I am on strike from them as soon as I finish these models and figures I have they will never see my work bench again.

OOPs I will be getting the M4 Interior soon but thats it

AJ
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:57 PM UTC
Well first of all with most resin and PE you don't get much instruction. As for the size... it hasbeen discussed many times before as long as the equipment is to scale you're good to go. Take a look at your school/workplace. Not everyone is the same size and shape

I avoid resin figures because they are expensive. Don't plenty in the past but never really felt too many were worth the money
jackalone72
Visit this Community
entire network: 104 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 04:45 PM UTC
Eduard has good instruction and well guided illustartions.Blast also.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 07:50 PM UTC
i have also experienced some stained PE sometimes and also some broken resin pieces due to bad packing. As far for the figures dimensions . this was said all are good and all are bad
so ....get your likes and choose. Though i agree that 15 euros for a resin figure is a high cost

costas
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 08:18 PM UTC
My issue with Verlinden is their pricing. As we say down south "They sure are proud of their stuff". So I generally opt to buy other stuff and when i have to go verlinden, I seek it from a discounter like Great Models or Roll.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC
I must admit that my last few purchases from Verlinden have been kinda weak if you ask me ...I bought the set for the Pershing ..I didn't need the motor but thought I'd replace the sponson boxes with the one in the kit...HA! the handles look worse than those in the kit ..So I ended up stealing them from the dragon kit ...The other P/E parts are grossly proportioned ..They had locks to keep the drivers hatches open that might be used on a 1/25 scale kit and even then they are flat and thick and don't look a thing like the real ones..On the LVT A1 kit I bought I found out that the engine they have in the kit is the engine foe a sherman while the LVT's used the engine from the M3's ..SO I'm not a happy camper with Verlinden stuff lately.

Rick
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 04:16 AM UTC
I think the real problem with Verlinden is that they were one of the first (certainly the first to have so much success) of the resin producers for a mass-market. This I believe has created a culture of complacency within the company. From what I have seen of their recent releases, they endlessly re-cycle, their research is frequently poor and sadly they treat the customer with a lack of respect bordering on contempt.

Inevitably, their products are compared with others on the market, unfortunately for Verlinden, they come across as 'minor-league players' despite their size .

Comparing their products with those of Formations, CMK, MIG ProductionsAccurate Armour or Legend, Verlinden are not doing themselves any favors. Compare them with figure manufacturers such as Nemrod, Warriors, Alpha Image or 'newbies' like Alpine they frankly are looking like a tired company which needs a rapid overhaul....Jim
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:10 AM UTC
You also have to remember that Verlinden doesn't actually "create" the figures anymore... they used to have one or two "on-staff" guys that did this, but now they sub out the work to a variety of artists. People like Mike Good do work for a lot of different companies... and let's face it, some artists are better than others. The big thing I don't like is that often some "verlinden" figures are giants or midgets compared to others... meaning it is harder to trade figure parts to create new postures. In the "good old days", this wasn't such a problem. On the other hand, it opens up the market for guys like Anders to create a few figures and still see them sold on the open market through a major distributor....
GSPatton
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:53 AM UTC
Instructions? You want instructions! I gave up on Verlinden and most resin for that reason. I'll be darned if I'm going to plunk down BIG bucks for resin and then play a guessing game at where the parts go. I bought the Verlinden farm wagon to use in a diorama once. A bag of resin, some broken due to absolutely zero padding and NO Freaking Instructions. Had to pull up farm wagons on the net to get an idea of how it should look. NO MAS!
 _GOTOTOP