_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need some help with airbrush
Bestefar
Visit this Community
Norway
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2002 - 08:44 PM UTC
My Badger Airbrush is now in fact blowing air into the paint cup instead of sucking it up. Result: A lot of bubbles in the paint cup, and only air coming out of the airbrush. What's wrong, and what can I do to fix it?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2002 - 08:59 PM UTC
My first thought is a clogged nozzle. Disassemble the entire brush carefully clean each piece with the proper cleaner.
My second thought - air pressure is set to high. Try lowering it a bit.

If these don't seem to work maybe someone else has had this problem and can offer some other ideas.
Bestefar
Visit this Community
Norway
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 02:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply.

Those were my intial thoughts too. However, the airbrush isn't clogged, and I've tried different air pressure settings. This problem only occurs when the tip itself is on. If I remove the tip, the air will flow through the head, and not into the cup. As soon as I put the tip back on, the air flow is blocked, and some air is blown into the cup. I've checked the head, and the air holes are not clogged.

demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 03:00 AM UTC
maybe a bended needle ?
so that the air cannot flow through you nozzle ?
Or your nozzle is damaged ?

it can be a numbourous things.

Eric

demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 03:01 AM UTC
maybe a bended needle ?
so that the air cannot flow through you nozzle ?
Or your nozzle is damaged ?
Paint to thick ?

it can be a numbourous things.

keep on tryiing....

Eric

godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 02:13 PM UTC
I'm not familiar with your model but with mine that is a sign of teh nozzle not being on tight enough. Hope that helps.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 02:21 PM UTC
I had this problem until I noticed that the sealing O-ring had dropped off from the nozzle construction. So the air leaked.

Just a thought.

Toni
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 07:45 PM UTC
The needle seems like it's the problem. Potentially the needle is not getting pulled back when you press the trigger. When you pull back the trigger does the needle slide back? If not look for a thumb screw that tightens down on the needle (in back on a 175, under the long black plastic housing). If it does, then I would experiment with another needle.
Bestefar
Visit this Community
Norway
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 02:51 AM UTC
Envar

It seems you are right. I feared something like this might be the case, as the problem occured immideately after a disassembly. Of course, the ring is nowhere to be found. I've tried improvising with rubber band, and needless to say, I'm not making any progress. I'll go look for a new one tomorrow, but I'll be willing to bet my black beret that these things are impossible to get hold of.

An Alle:
Thanks for the helpful information, btw. You guys sure helped me a lot more than the guys at the store did.

- Sgt. Vatne
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 03:17 AM UTC
Bestefar,

Welcome to the site!!

Any self respecting model shoppe should have things like that if they are serious. If you have trouble getting them Site Message me and I will get you some I'll be heading to Stockholm a couple of times this week and it should only take a day or two to get it to you in Norway. What Badger model did you say it was?? Let me know if you need help!!
Bestefar
Visit this Community
Norway
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 11:03 PM UTC
Thanks Hunter

Actually, I got hold of one. Only problem was that it came with a new head...a "L" head, so the ring won't fit my "F" head. I've replaced the entire head, so I'll have to be careful when I use the brush from now on...I suspect the paint flow will be abusively much bigger than before.

The store I use isn't so big...in fact it's only the second story of a common toy store, so I don't expect them to have to much in stores.

I don't know about the model. I'll look into it. I'm not a harcore modeller, so I'm not able to tell the difference.

- Sgt Vatne
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,007 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 01:06 AM UTC
Bestefar

If your refering to the Teflon head washer(50-055) that fits round the heads screw, it fits ALL the head assemblies, F,M & L. I have the 200 single action model with M head, and the 150 double action with all three sizes.

BTW..... Changing the head size on the Badger A/B's also requires a change of needle, as the profile differs.
Bestefar
Visit this Community
Norway
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 05:13 PM UTC
Geoff

I thought so too. But the problem persisted with the old head. When I changed the head, it worked fine. It might be a problem with the head, but then the brush worked nicely until I lost that ring.

I realised the part about the needle though
I just didn't realise the head was an L before I got home
 _GOTOTOP