_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tokyo Shops - some help
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hello there guys . My mom is going to Tokyo for 10 days and i thought of ordering her some stuff to bring over. Are there 1-2 good Hobby shops adresses that they have proven better prices than we can shop on the net or anywhere. And i think that mostly we talk about Japanese stuff.. Tamiya etc .
Thanks in advance for your help. I d appreciate personal experience, cause i ve found links but reality is usualy deifferent

Costas
medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 205 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
heheheehe tell her to pick me some stuff up
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:53 AM UTC
Costas,
There are shops all over the place, and yes the prices are better than online, unfortunatly I live 60- 80 km form the Tokyo and only know the local shops in my area and I had to find those by looking for them while driving around. But, there are 2 in Tokyo that I know of both are in Akiabara the Electronics Shopping District. One is rather obscure and on the 5 th florr of a building in the middle of the district (its marked on the guide map) call Yellow Submarine, they specialize in Figure and obsure japanese subjects in resin. the other is by the train staion at the west end of the district its also marked on the map. But they sell eveything and its several floors of Hobby items. Now, a question for you are you coming as well???? If so take a bullet down to Shizuoka and take a free shuttle to the Hobby show in 2 weeks. There will be vendors from all the Major Japanese companies and you can easily spend a lot of money, but you'll get twice as much stuff than going to any local shop in Japan. HTH STUG
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:09 PM UTC
hELLO THERE STUG .thanks for your info. Unfortunately i am not going down Japan...some other time hopefully .. I lead her there to get some Japanese figures that i bet i cannot find here.
Thanks a lot for assisting me

Costas
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 411 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:00 AM UTC
Major_Goose

Stugiiif is right, there are many good hobby shops around in Tokyo, such as Yellow Submarine: http://www.yellowsubmarine.co.jp/ and Kiya: http://homepage1.nifty.com/kiyahobby/info.html

I must visit the above hobby shops everytime I go to Tokyo. They got almost everything you need. You may find the address on the above websites but all in Japanese. Hope that you can figure it out.

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
thanks octupus for helpin me out
 _GOTOTOP