_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Microscale Decal Fluid.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
Ola People

I have this question
Has anybody worked with this already?? I am planning mto make my own decals and I have heard that with this fluid you can seal your decal sheet and everything that is printed on it. But Alas I have no experience with it whatsoever. With what do you thin it if needed and could it cause problems when I spray it??

Anybody with more experience about this is welcome to tell it

CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:38 AM UTC
I've used it primarily to save old kit decals, the kind that come apart due to age. I don't spray it just brush it on, requires a very light coat. One problem that I have had is on decals with very large clear areas, they tend to silver slightly, even with setting solution and future applications. Not a show stopper but noticable at certain angles.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
I have used this both to seal laser printed decals and to seal inks in paper detailing projects. In the decals, the film was absolutelyu invisible. It seems to be desigened to leave no brush streaks at all. I've also used it to save old decals and it woorks grea there, too.
Colt45
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 11:21 AM UTC
No need to spary or thin it. It brushes on very evenly. I would be a little cautious with clear areas as it may silver somewhat. It is great for saving old decals. I have used it many times to make nose art for planes.
 _GOTOTOP