_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Baluard Diesel Locomotive
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
Long time no see,

Well I'm working on a major project which involves trains and tanks in 1/35 scale. After some topics here i found out that a company called Baluard from Spain produces some locomotives in 1/35 for a better price then the one from CMK.

Well this is a German diesel locomotive from WW2. It's totally made op from resin and white metal. It needs a fair amount of clean up, sanding, filling and scratching, but nothing the average modeller can't overcome.
With the locomotive I bought a diesel engine from the same company that fits into the locomotive. After searching the net I found enough reference to work with. The engine was quiet 'bold' by itself so I added wires, exhaust, fuel tank and air tanks. I also noticed some airbubbles which have to be filled.

Well, enough talking, here the pictures:

animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:10 AM UTC
I like the fact that this is the second 1/35 scale train project posted here. I will be following you on this build. It should be huge. Will yo be able to view the engine compartment when the train body is in p[lace? It would be a shame to cover up all that work. Please keep us all posted on your progress.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:32 AM UTC
I agree with Animal on this. Please keep us posted on progress as the work done so far looks very interesting and well done.
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 236 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 07:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies guys. I sure leave some hatches open to be able to view the engine room. It would be a shame if you can't see it. And I will keep you guys posted on this one.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 08:33 PM UTC
Wow! The quality of that looks amazing! Any chance of an idea of cost etc. Wouter? I'd love to build a dio around one of them!

Vinnie
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 05:27 AM UTC
AArrrrrgggghhhh! All I get is the dreaded white square/red X....
 _GOTOTOP