_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Decals
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 12:44 AM UTC
HI guys

First, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I was not sure where it belonged. I'm looking to swap decals with someone who has a spare set of Russian stars. I'm building Tamiya's GPA and research shows that this vehicle saw very limit service with US forces, but was given to the Russians under Lend Lease. Where it saw a great deal of service.
I have the US markings that came with the kit, and am looking to trade if anyone is interested just let me know.

Wolfsix
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:17 AM UTC
From the few pictures I've seen of lend-lease equipement ,the Russians didn,t bother with many markings especially on jeeps and so on ...Many times you can still see the american serial numbers still on the vehicles....The best thing to do is just paint it O/D and you have all the markings you'll need..(none)

Rick
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:59 AM UTC
Rick

Thanks, details on the GPA is very limited. Pictures of it in Rusian service are almost nel. I'm working off of half a paragraph. I started this build as part of the Overlord Campaign only to find out the GPA did not serve on D-Day. . So making a long story short I had to shift gears and wanted to do something different so the Russian GPA.

Thanks again
Wolfsix
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:04 AM UTC
Let me see what I have in my stash and I will get back to you. I know I have some Russian decals but I don't know what all I have. I will have to check when I get home.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
Harv

Thanks a bunch it would be a big help. If you do pm me and we can work out a trade. Look forward to hearing from you.
Wolfsix
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:49 AM UTC
If HARV can't find his, I just picked up a sheet of Russian stars for use on my T-28/35 tanks. The ICM kit decals disentigrated. Just let me now the size of star you need and how many and I will mail them to you.

Jeff
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:00 AM UTC
Sorry wolfsix, I don't think that I have anything that will help you out. I do have a couple of decal sheets from the Testors Katyusha kit. However I believe the stars on them are way too big for a GPA. If you think you can still use them you are welcome to them. If not you might have to check out what Ranger74 has. The only other Russian decals I have are the slogans from the Tamiya KV-II kit. Sorry that I can't help you out. If you do think that you can use what I have just let me know.
Harv
 _GOTOTOP