_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Resin question
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
Hi guys

I just got my order from Texas today. amoung other things I ordered a set of ammo boxes from Legends. My problem is these boxes are Resin, and I've never worked with resin before. I guess my question is how do I remove these big tabs on the bottom of them. Is there a better way to do it? Is there anything else that I should know about working with this stuff.

Thanks in advance
Wolfsix

cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
Hi there Wolfsix. You could always cut them with your sprue cutter then perhaps sand or file the part where you made the cut. Now when sticking them use CA or more commonly known as Super Glue or those resin parts wouldn't stick. Hope this helps.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 03:15 PM UTC
For separating the parts from the resin block I would highly recommend using a razor saw or at least scribe it with a very sharp exacto blade. Resin parts can be very brittle and legends are some of the most brittle. Before separating the parts make sure that you clean the parts with some warm(not hot) soapy water and rinse completely then let dry completely. This is to remove the releasing agent that might be still on the parts. You will have to use CA Glue to attach the part to the model etc. Some people use two part epoxy also to attach the pieces.
 _GOTOTOP