_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Compressor question...
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 08:15 AM UTC
Howdy all,
What do you all think of the Testors "Blue Ice" compressor?
I have used compressed air cans for years, but they are expensive. I love to model, but I don't want to dump a lot into a compressor. I believe that this particular compressor would split the difference. I would appreciate everyone's opinion. Thanks
Ciao for now
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 09:01 AM UTC
My husband has a Campbell Hausfeld compressor, we both love it, It's small, and QUIET. No louder than a hairdrier. I know I rather prefer it when he's airbrushing late in the evening and all the children are asleep. He no longer wakes the dead when itkicks on.lol I am not sure how much it was Our friend and fellow Armorama compatriot traded it to him in goods. I believe he got it at Home Depot, so why not check it out.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 11:01 AM UTC
Check out Target, Walmart, Kmart or even Northern Tool - they all have a good compressor with tank from $70 up to about 110. The tanks are nice because compressor isnt' running all the time and they are abosultely quite during that time.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
Dear Lady Ann & MCPOCG Scott,
I took your wonderful advice and went straight to the Navy Exchange. $72 (no taxes) for a Campbell-Hausfeld with 2 gallon capacity. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I really appreciate all of your assistance.
Ciao for now
Rob
 _GOTOTOP