_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Modeling Space
IronPanther
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:16 PM UTC
Does anyone here work in a confined space? I just moved into a new appartment and was going to use our storage space to work, but my roomie filled it up, so now I'm out of places to work. Can anyone help with ideas?
Longshanks
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 191 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:24 PM UTC
I used to have a set of draws. In one draw used to be my modeling gear, paints, brushes, models, etc......... When i wanted to model, I just pulled the stuff out and placed it on top. once dry, I put them back till next time........

The other draws were filled with clothes, JUST make sure your paints go in the bottom draw incase of a leak...........
IronPanther
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:58 PM UTC
Well I guess my biggest question is where do I find space to paint.....I have an air brush and I havent used it yet and I dont know how the spray would affect the surrounding areas. I dont want to damage an of my roomies stuff or any of my own
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:10 PM UTC
The ideal way is to buy a spraying booth from Micro Mark, but those are expensive, you could come up with your own design, take a cardboard box, put some kind of fan in it to blow out the fumes... sounds confusing. I will try to find the article I got this from, or maybe some other users will know what I am talking about.
Davinator
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 107 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
I have tons of space, but I still don't fire up the airbrush in the house... Although, I will admit that this might change in my favor now that I have been experimenting and learning about acrylic paints... The whole GAS factor doesn't seem to be quite the issue when I'm "blowing" acrylics... You might want to try the less offensive acrylics... Of course, if it is overspray that you are wooried about.... Try a card board box...
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:02 PM UTC
as said above the major problem is painting and especially airbrushing . So some pieces of plywood and a fan will cost u no more that 20 -3 0 $ and u can design it in your own style and for your own needs. Also try to use more acrylics. From when i have used them i am more productive and with less problems in painting .
 _GOTOTOP