_GOTOBOTTOM
Tips & Tricks
Ask about and post about tips and tricks you use while modelling.
Attaching a trailer
Brantwoodboy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - 04:51 PM UTC
Does anybody have and tips and tricks ( hopefully with a pic or video) on how to attach a trailer to a 1/35 scale military truck?
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 12:44 AM UTC
Since most tow pintles are "closed" when in use, you need to cut either the pintle or the trailer's towing eye to make a gap and then close it up after. This is a permanent solution, but if done carefully the plastic can be pushed back together and glued so you don't notice the cut. I find it best to do this before adding the pintle to the truck (and the eye to the trailer) to make building and painting easier - a loose trailer flopping around makes it difficult to hold the truck while building it!

If the pintle is hidden away under the shadow of the rear of the truck you can always cut a gap in the upper part of the pintle just big enough for the eye to pass through - that way the trailer can be removed when desired. Just make sure the unrealistic gap in the pintle can't be seen from the usual viewing angles and you'll be the only one who knows it's there!
Brantwoodboy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 04:21 AM UTC
Thank u for the idea my builds with on a shelf and I need to move them to dust and conduct general wife mandated maintenance so I’m going after the not permanent option. Also I’m trying to find the canvas kit for the truck and trailer that I am building but that will not come until later as it is a hard one to find so removal of the trailer is what I desire.
Thanks Again
Brantwoodboy
 _GOTOTOP