TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Master and Commander
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 01:08 AM UTC
Does anyone know if there are any models of the Acheron or Surprise from the movie Master and Commander? My husband bought the movie yesterday and I have fallen in love with those tall ships. aaaaaahhhhh If there are not is anyone a decent carver? lol I'd love to have either of them to paint. (I might even be "bullied" into posting pics if we can find them or someone could carve them. Also
your thoughts on the movie.. I loved it even the part where the doctor put the 10 Guinnea coin in the old Joe's head. That was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi, You might want to check the model expo ourfit down in Florida. http://modelexpoinc.com.

They carry quite a line of the tall ships, most of them in wooden kits. Don't know if they carry these two ships specifically, but they may have something similar to them. And they carry kits that are designed for beginners as well as advanced wooden ship builders too. Some of them quite complicated. They carry quite a lne of accessories for these kits and several kits that are just parts of certain ships too. I think they have a 2-gun section of the HMS, a kit of part of the USS Constitution, etc.

And the carry quite a line of pastic kits too, AFVs, planes, ships, cars, etc.

Might what to check them out and see if they have what you're hunting for.

Take care, Sgirty
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:43 AM UTC
Thanks a ton Sqirty. My husband (stugiiif) went out and bought me a Cutty Sark model and will most likely show me how to make Ratlines etc since the ones included in the kit were desimated. Bugger it being the wrong class of ship, it's still a 3 masted tall ship . Oh how I've fallen in love withthose beauties.