_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Ohio
Totentanz45
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 09:54 PM UTC
Hier beggint der arsch der welt! Or as we say, Hello from Ohio!
Just wanted to say hello and it sure is great to be back in the saddle and I look forward to many builds, many idea exchanges and picking your folks minds.
I've been on a hiatus for a while but I am back and in full force. I apologise that this isn't the greatest intro but after writing my bio on my profile I am kaput!
I just want to say a huge thank you to all you folks who created this site (which I've always kept an eye on here even throughout my hobby-hiatus. While I'm not exactly new to the hobby, I am somewhat new inasmuch as my soon to be forays in heavy figure conversion/sculpting and pushing the personal envelope in regards to vignettes. I also want to thank everyone here who has kept the hobby going and I think that while Covid19 has many obvious drawbacks and tragedies, it has not only resuscitated our hobby, it has brought a lot of new blood into the flock. It honestly made me smile to see many new faces at the typical haunts, but, it is with great sorrow that I say goodbye to one of Cincinnati's (and southwestern Ohio for that matter) cornerstones and contributors to this thing of ours, Boardwalk Hobbies has closed its doors and will be missed by many a'fellow. I petty much grew up in that fine shop, it was where I got my first Osprey book, first copy of Military Modelling and where my Verlinden and resin/etch cherry was popped via their barbed wire, German radio set anda few other items. So, in short thank you to every single modeler, regardless of their "genre" and reasoning, thank you and may your stash always be full but room enough for "just one more" as well as your skills grow exponentially with each build.
Welp that's enough of me rambling. Stop reading be this and go build something, life is more than a computer screen, or more than a curmudgeon's misanthropic rants about stepping away from the monitor...
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 10:40 PM UTC
Allen, welcome back into the modelling fold from a cloudy and slightly overcast Cornwall in the UK...... have fun and enjoy.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 11:06 PM UTC
Welcome aboard.

timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States