_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
count of the views
PeterMax
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
entire network: 81 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 03:46 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

is there something wrong with the count of the views of the topics?

For example: yesterday my topic “1/35 Revell Wiesel 2 SHORAD command”, (page 3) had less than 1000 views, now it’s 2500. This is pretty unusual!

Maybe you should have a look at this.

Peter
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 05:29 AM UTC
No clue. I agree that seems odd given the number of replies, etc. Also looking at some of the totals for non-Armorama topics (like on Automodeler) there seem to be some seriously high numbers going on. I checked with Google Analytics and they don't show that kind of post activity for sure. However a lot of these 'hits' could be bots via search engines (which often come back daily) and while Google's code can differentiate those types of user clients, mine cannot.

But it looks good.

Cheers,
Jim
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 1,476 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi Jim, eye-witness report:

I was on the site from 10pm to midnight (AEST Sydney, subtract 9 hours for GMT & another 5 hours for US Eastern) Saturday night (Aug 29), watching the visitor-total steadily climb during that 2 hours from around 600 to at least 4,100. My Anthropoid thread took on over 2,000 views. Even weirder was the huge list of members logged on, maybe 10 lines of them – I recognised a few, the majority seemed to be European which made some sense (at the time) considering it was around/after their lunchtime & the Tour de France was rolling although that wasn’t boring, it was terrifying.

You might also be interested to know 11 staff members were listed as logged on, pretty sure you were there, I remember Robin & Darren were– I even wondered if there was an Annual General Meeting going on for which I hadn't got the memo - kicking myself I didn’t take a screenshot.

So if that wasn’t in reality happening it was some hi-jack
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 11:01 PM UTC
I am usually logged in most of the time. Even if I am not actively viewing the site the tab in my browser is still open and I take a look every now and then in case a spammer has been reported
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 - 05:20 AM UTC
Since the quarantine there are times the site is slow and I mean it can take a couple minutes to load a page. I'll look at number of visitors and see the count up in the thousands. So there are a lot of Looky Lous visiting.
 _GOTOTOP