_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Anyone having trouble with Squadron Shop?
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 09:50 AM UTC
A friend of a friend has been having trouble with an order he placed with Squadron Shop. He tried calling them and the phone was disconnected. Anyone else having problems?
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 10:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A friend of a friend has been having trouble with an order he placed with Squadron Shop. He tried calling them and the phone was disconnected. Anyone else having problems?

Yes I have had a few issues, not major. Mostly shipping related. I posted on KitMaker awhile back that I got an email that Jef V their chief modeler is not with Squadron and is off doing his own thing. Not sure if he got canned or he just left. I am just sitting and watching for now. Most the time what I want they don't have or out of stock.

This is Jef's web link and his youtube link

www.jefvcornerstore.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHVfO0ytPgJWDF-OK3byUPA

Cheers

ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 - 10:29 PM UTC
I just received their new catalog for August. A Kevin Sacher has taken over from past big shot, Gwynne Gorr. That plus Jeff V's leaving and their frequent sales maybe Squadron is in trouble. They don't keep much of an inventory anymore. A lot of the newer kits are listed as "Special Order".
I hope that things are well with Squadron!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 12:26 AM UTC
I ordered the CMK 1/48 US Fuel Tank Trailer from them many months ago. It took over two months to arrive, but it did arrive.

Sadly, gone are the days when you could roam their aisles with a shopping cart during Open House.
VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 12:42 AM UTC
According to Jeff V., he left of his of own volition.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 - 01:25 PM UTC
They have always been my "go to" shop since back around 1991. Never had any issues with them whatsoever. However, this year I can't say the same. I placed an order almost two months ago, part of the order was backordered, and I have yet to receive it. My e-mails go unanswered. Not sure what to think. Don't know what happened to them. Hopefully they can get things turned around.

Thanks,
Randy
 _GOTOTOP