_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
german ambush camo
kwp427
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:01 AM UTC
I was wondering if anyone knows of any german Tiger 1tanks that were painted with an ambush camo pattern in WW2.
I have been working on a Tiger 1 and am at the point to start painting and just wondered if an ambush pattern would be ok ?
Thanks Kevin (kwp427)
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:56 AM UTC
hey, i've looked online and seen a lot of tigers painted in ambush camo, so i guess yes. But i do not see why they wouldn't be painted ambush camo.

there are a lot of ambush patterns i've researched (i'm also into ambush scheme) and a lot of them are different, go to www.google.com and search, they can't let ya down.

hope your Tiger I comes out looking good, when you're done, post those pics!

Mech-Maniac_
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:59 AM UTC
Hi-dee-ho, nieghbor Kevin. I just checked a bunch of references but could not find any Tigers in ambush camo, though I found several King Tigers, Panthers, Jagpathers and Jagtigers in ambush pattern. There were a few tri-color schemes on Tigers, though.
Now, this doesn't mean this wasn't done, it just menas I can't find any in my references.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
In my Squadron panzer color book I only saw Hetzers, Panthers, King tigers and strumtigers in ambush. No tiger Ones that I saw. Didn't mention them being in this camo either, just the ones I mentioned above. Hopefully someone with a better knowledge could prove or disprove my findings.

Hasty
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:01 PM UTC
This topic has come up before and the answer that was pretty much agreed upon was "No" there were no Tiger I's painted in the ambush scheme. I have also gone through all my refs and can find no evidence of this either. Tiger I production ended in early/mid August '44, the ambush scheme began to be factory applied in the fall of '44. I know some people will say that with german armor never say never, but I think the chances of this are very small. Now having said all that, it's your model, unless you're really trying to be accurate you can paint it any way you want.

Mike
kwp427
Visit this Community
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:08 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guy's,I think just to see what it would look like i am gonna try an ambush scheme.
if it dosen't look right, or comes out crappy,I'll just repaint it.
thanks again kevin
i'll post some pics when it's done
 _GOTOTOP