Another newbie basedin UK,3D printing service
JakeMaverick
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 - 06:52 AM UTC
Hiya

I've been a model maker on and off for about 30 years now. Last year or two started to get back into it properly.....mostly 28mm scale sci fi and fantasy type models.

Now, this is a bit I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post....part of the reason that I have gotten back into modelling in last few years is my investment in some 3d printers. I would like to be able to offer this as a service to people....more to subsidise my own hobby a little bit rather than make any real money from it. If this something I'm allowed to offer folk here? Whether it be just missing parts to make up kits or full models....I'm hoping to be able to help fellow modellers out. I know from experience how frustrating it can be to be working on a model and find you're a piece missing. Now, I'm not much good in the s/w as of yet as far as constructing parts go.....but if you can find the .stl file online chance are I can print it.

I also have this other problem where GW, the well known bullies in this business, have managed to get some of my listings cancelled on a certain well known auction site.....there is nothing illegal about these items. They were printed to order from files that are freely available on Thingiverse, partially paid.....then my customer has been awol for a couple of months. Hoping Corona did not get him and he will come back to me at some point....but I am currently stuck with several sci-fi dreadnoughts and lots of marines that I would like to pass on as they're of no immediate use to me + I could really use the space tbh.

If this is against the rules....please edit as appropriate or delete completely?

Many thanks!
 _GOTOTOP