_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Korea!
comradeoblivious
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hello!

So, I'm in Korea getting US Citizenship but I'm originally from Scotland!

I've been building models since I was about 8, I started on the Burrago car models with the die cast, pre painted body. From there I graduated to Warhammer 40k and Revell F1 car kits.

The Revell kits killed off my love for the hobby for a few years and I got back into Warhammer in my mid-teens and I've been fairly consistently building things here and there for years since then.

Now I primarily build 1/35th Soviet models particularly the T-34 and it's variants. I'm trying to become a subject matter expert on them as they are fascinating machines!

Currently on my workbench I have the Tamiya Stug IV, Trumpeter KV-2 and Academy T-34/85 Berlin. Currently the T-34 is getting most of my attention as it's still pretty early in the primary build phase. The Stug needs the paint finished and the KV-2 is also at the painting stage. The KV however needs some love as international travel has not been kind to its grab handles.

Oh, I also have a youtube channel under the same name 'Comrade Oblivious' where I do in-box reviews, technique videos and build reports.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hello Calum,

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your models. Good group here to encourage or critique, all to help each other improve.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2020 - 11:19 AM UTC
Welcome aboard!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2020 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hi Calum,
Welcome to the site, look forward to see your work!

Honestly, more than often I am a bit lazy to go elsewhere and search or even following links so if you can add a couple of photos of your work here it would be great
comradeoblivious
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2020 - 09:01 PM UTC
Guess I'll need to start taking photos then!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 01:40 AM UTC
Where are you located? There's a T-34 at the War Memorial Museum in Yongsan but I'm guessing you already know that. And least three pretty good hobby shops within a ten minute walk.
comradeoblivious
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 11:00 PM UTC
I'm about an hour from Seoul, I didn't know there was a T-34 up there! I'll need to go take a look!

I'm excited to find the Tamiya store in Seoul, allegedly there's an Academy store somewhere too!
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 12:36 AM UTC
that's one hell of a mix, part korean, part scottish, so are you the only korean to have ginger hair? lol

all kidding aside, welcome to the site, hope you have fun.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm about an hour from Seoul, I didn't know there was a T-34 up there! I'll need to go take a look!

I'm excited to find the Tamiya store in Seoul, allegedly there's an Academy store somewhere too!

I have posted directions to these locations a few times, with photos. If you have trouble finding them let me know and I'll try to direct you. The I park Mall (fifteen minute walk from museum) has a large shop on the 7th (?) floor. Lots of Tamiya, Bandai fantasy stuff, and of course Academy.
Less than ten minutes from there is an even better shop, full of aftermarket supplies and LOTS of Academy at very good prices. I bought several K2 Black Panthers here, for myself and to sell to folks in the US at a pretty good discount. This is what it looks like - I may still have a shopping bag with the address on it.

Directions to the above shop, loceted in ET Land:

The War Memorial and Museum is at
29 Itaewon-ro, Namyeong-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
There's a subway stop right on the corner.

The very same subway stop, but different exit, takes you to a shop that is very heavy in Trumpeter kits. Again, I can buy kits there cheaply enough to make it very worthwhile to folks here in the US. I like to pick up the larger kits, like their helicopters and large rocket kits. It's about a block from Hangang-Daero, sort of in an alley. It looks like this:

Oh, I can recommend a couple of very nice little barbecue places in the vicinity of the corner of Hangang-Daero and Itaewon-ro.

I may be there again this summer - we'll have to see how that goes.
comradeoblivious
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 03:55 PM UTC
Thanks bud! I'll be sure to check them out!
 _GOTOTOP