_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Which Liquid Masking supply?
M1A1_Abrams_me
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 - 12:15 PM UTC
I am sick and tired of masking canopies or small clear parts using masking tapes, so I scanned a website that sells masking liquids. I am kinda interested in buying the Molotov masking markers. Anybody who have used those? Are they good enough to pay at least $9.99 plus shipping (to the Philippines)?

I am open to other suggestions or recommendations for the purpose of masking small parts and canopies. If possible please include the brand and a trustworthy website where I could buy them.

Thanks.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 02:19 AM UTC
For a lot of canopies it's easier NOT to paint them. Get a decal sheet that has an area large for what you need. Paint it the color you want. Take an X-Acto knife and a metal ruler and cut thin strips of the decal, and apply on the canopy framework. It can be worked around curves very easily as well.

I've used the above method with great success. What I have NOT tried, but what just occurred to me is this:

If you're looking for MASKING markers, you might try PAINT markers instead. Tamiya makes them in several colors - perhaps in one you need. Just a thought. The black ones work well for the rubber on tank road wheels.
 _GOTOTOP