_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies: Airbrushes
Talk about airbrushes.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Evolution airbrush on Iwata Neo compressor?
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi.
Just returned to the hobby, and also (finally) got my first airbrush! Got a package with a Iwata airbrush and their Neo compressor. Been working a lot with it and learning.

But already I feel kind of limited with the airbrushes 0,35mm needle when it comes to finer stuff.. So I found a good price for a H&S Evolution with 0,2mm needle, but now to the question. Will that airbrush fit to the air-hose or do I need some kind of adaptor?
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hi Thomas,
If your H&S as a quick connect male fitting mounted, remove it and attach the AB
directly to the Iwata hose.
see diagram at bottom of the page in this link and all other questions regarding
the H&S airbrush:

http://germanairbrush.com/faq.htm

Cheers,
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 09:33 PM UTC
I use the same hose for the Evolution and the Iwata, and from top of my mind I do not remember I had to buy any adapter.

Will check later at how if the airbrush connection is the same but I am almost sure.

In any case, I understand you mean 0.35mm needle (not 3.5), and that is capable of very fine details if correctly used. If you airbrush close enough, the line is less than 0,5mm!!

These are lines airbrushed with my 0,3mm Iwata (just 0.05mm less):

ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In any case, I understand you mean 0.35mm needle (not 3.5), and that is capable of very fine details if correctly used. If you airbrush close enough, the line is less than 0,5mm!!

You are correct, original post edited...

Maybe just me that isn't used to the airbrush yet, but I don't manage to get fine line like that when trying.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:18 PM UTC
It's a matter of practice, as there are several variables you have to play with: Paint dilution, pressure, trigger, distance to subject...

For thin lines you have to be really close to the model, 2-3mm (often removing the cap helps, but take care not to damage the needle tip). I use thicker paint than for general airbrushing and higher pressure. Trigger slightly back
 _GOTOTOP